Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] ResMed S9
Question 
ResMed S9
I've had the S9 for several months now. Only one real problem I have with it is the hose connection port being on the back of the humidifier. Working off shore on a tow boat, I'm limited on how much room I have for personal gear (Not to mention needing to keep it from moving around). The power cord connection is low profile which is nice, but the hose ends up getting crimped against the wall. If I turn the unit around, I run the risk of getting tangled in the power cord. The only angled adaptor I have found specifically states that it won't work on the S9. Doing without the humidifier isn't a very good option for me either. Any suggestions on what I can do with this would be greatly appreciated. I have to wonder why a manufacturer would point the hose connection away from the patient anyway...Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed S9
The power cord connection is low profile which is nice, but the hose ends up getting crimped against the wall. If I turn the unit around, I run the risk of getting tangled in the power cord.

Can you take a twist tie or something similar and tie it around the power cord so you don't get tangled in it? I am not sure what your sleeping quarter is like so I am just having to guess that this is an alternative that you can try.

Hope you find a solution that works for you.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi bilgerat57,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more suggestions and best of luck.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I have a similar problem with my S9. I am concerned the climateline hose will kink.
I would love to see a vertical facing elbow on the climateline connection.
Post Reply Post Reply
The hose location is what I dislike the most about the S9s. I think this is why this series gets pulled off shelves a lot.

The best solution would be to find some way to contain the cord so the hose is free. Duct tape can be your friend. That and twist ties. I just don't know what else to do for the hose. Sorry I don't have more for you!
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry I don't have a solution to the hose problem.
I did want to comment that I never thought of having the hose attach to the front of the unit. What a great idea! Maybe the equipment designers should be made aware of this. In my experience they are not usually very receptive to unsolicited suggestions though.
It seems like it took a long time for computer manufacturers to figure out putting USB ports on the front of desktop computers, instead of in the back, was much more user friendly.

To err is human, but to really mess things up, you need a computer.
Post Reply Post Reply
My last machine was an Isleep 20 made by GE/Breas. The hose connection was set on the top of the water tank with a built in swivel, and the water tank inserted into the back of the machine. The hose connection was VERY convenient. The only reason I ended up with the S9 was that it was the only machine available through our local DME provider and I didn't have the money to purchase the machine outright. I found the Isleep to be a superior design with compatible quality to the S9.
Post Reply Post Reply
My S7 had the hose right on the front. It was very convenient.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Having trouble understanding the tangling risk if you turn the unit around. For me there is plenty of power cable - enough to carefully route it out of the way and tie/tape it in place. - around the unit because of that nasty large bump on the cable
I would imagine you need to tape the unit down anyway to avoid it being bounced off if the waves get energetic.

Pictures of the area would help to see what the issue is, and maybe spark the imagination for a better solution.
Post Reply Post Reply
Bilgerat57, Go to the hardware store and buy a couple of 90 degree pvc pipe pieces (7/8" big end - 3/4" small end - both inside measurements) . These will allow you to have a non-compressible bend behind your machine : [Image: schedule-40-pvc-90-street-elbow-slip-spg_5.jpg]
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. 
ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.