Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] ResMed S9 Auto Set
Question 
ResMed S9 Auto Set
Hello I am new to this stiff.
I have a new S9 Auto Set machine and have a whistle sound only when I exhale. And I am sure it is not coming from the tube or the mask. Is this normal on this machine? It works well otherwise.
Thanks for any help.
- Dave
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed S9 Auto Set
(01-06-2013, 12:15 PM)Dave2 Wrote: I have a new S9 Auto Set machine and have a whistle sound only when I exhale.

Hi Dave, Welcome

This has been discussed here: Thread-Resmed-S9-whistle

So far, nobody has been able to isolate the exact cause of the whistle sound yet.

Ren
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Dave2 and WELCOME! to the forum.!
What Ren said.
Best of luck to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-06-2013, 12:15 PM)Dave2 Wrote: Hello I am new to this stiff.
I have a new S9 Auto Set machine and have a whistle sound only when I exhale. And I am sure it is not coming from the tube or the mask. Is this normal on this machine? It works well otherwise.
Thanks for any help.
- Dave
my S9 make a slight noise at exhale. I keep a fan next to bed
some people notice the noise while others say the S9 is very quiet

few suggestion might help reduce noise levels
place mouse pad or other foam under the machine
place machine below bed level or/and use longer hose
replace filter, clean filter can prevent dust and debris buildup inside the machine

people hear sound and different frequencies differently ... some are more sensitive to sounds than others

keep in mind that the sound we perceive as a whistling sound can be exacerbated when breathing on it while awake
and noise may become more obvious

all machines makes some kind of noise
imo the S9 is an awesome machine
I would not want to use any other machine

Post Reply Post Reply
Check the filter and make sure you are using the right one and it is in correctly.

Next, check the lid of the humidifier.

Then, if that doesn't work, put a pillow over it. Just leave room for the machine to breathe in the back.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-06-2013, 04:33 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Then, if that doesn't work, put a pillow over it. Just leave room for the machine to breathe in the back.

You might also call ResMed Customer Service and give them serial numbers of your machine and humidifier and ask if they will repair/replace your unit under warrantee.

No idea, but I would guess they will be helpful.

If ResMed will repair/replace the unit, no sales receipt is needed but you would need to give to a DME provider (any DME, not necessary to be one you bought the machine from) to send to ResMed for repair, since ResMed won't accept returns directly from patients.

Take care,
--- Vaughn
The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 19 26,345 03-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Ailyhsaun
  Resmed airsense 10 auto set card to cloud chronic 4 393 02-02-2024, 01:23 PM
Last Post: chronic
  Auto BiPAP fixed PS vs Auto PS - pros and cons? Stubert 5 584 01-09-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Stubert
  My resmed s9 escape auto does not save date and time. jocemar 2 280 12-30-2023, 11:03 PM
Last Post: jocemar
  Resmed s9 VPAP auto issue steven7685 0 315 11-17-2023, 03:14 PM
Last Post: steven7685
  Meaning of information on "Sleep Report" Resmed Aircurve Auto fredhaddock 3 483 11-05-2023, 10:39 AM
Last Post: pholynyk
  Dry mouth with Resmed 11 auto, not with S9 auto? pumpkln 3 596 09-13-2023, 12:46 PM
Last Post: eok361

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.