Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] ResMed S9 AutoSet™ CPAP Machine with H5i™
ResMed S9 AutoSet™ CPAP Machine with H5i™
Would appreciate information pertaining to the following settings of my ResMed S9 AutoSet CPAP Machine with H5i.
1-EPR ?
2-EPR LEVEL ?
3-SLEEP QUALITY ?

Thank you![/color][/size][/font]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed S9 AutoSet™ CPAP Machine with H5i™
1 - Personal preference
2 - if you use EPR, 1 is lowest, 3 is strongest - personal preference
3 - Turn it to 'ON'.

Welcome to the forum Smile
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-20-2014, 12:57 AM)Morbius Wrote: Would appreciate information pertaining to the following settings of my ResMed S9 AutoSet CPAP Machine with H5i.
1-EPR ?
2-EPR LEVEL ?
3-SLEEP QUALITY ?

Thank you![/color][/size][/font]
I don,t like EPR but for some its godsend especially if having problems exhaling against pressure or aerophagia (swallowing air)

How does EPR work?
When you are being treated with one of our devices, that has EPR and you breathe out or exhale, the S8 flow generator device detects the beginning of exhalation and reduces motor speed to drop pressure. The patient or clinician chooses one of three comfort levels to determine the degree by which pressure will drop.

Setting 1 = mild comfort (1 cm H20)
Setting 2 = medium comfort (2 cm H20)
Setting 3 = maximum comfort (3 cm H20)
http://www.resmed.com/epn/patients_and_f...c=patients

Sleep quality ... ON, so you can see AHI, usage and mask fit guy smiley/sad on the "standard info menu" sleep report (press the info silver button for 3 seconds) when you wake up during the night or/and in the morning. The "standard info menu" rest to zero at midday, but you can still view the longer version in the "advanced info menu" ... press and hold both silver buttons for seconds

Sleep Quality on "Usage", does not shows AHI and mask fit guy in the "standard info menu", only usage hours

Welcome
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for your time and help.
Post Reply Post Reply
No one can be told what the EPR is. You have to see it for yourself.

EPR is one of those things that is good for some, bad for others. In theory, it should make you more comfortable without affecting your therapy. In practice, it is a plus for some, a minus for others, both in terms of comfort and your therapy results.

Humidity sort of does the same thing. There's no predicting whether more or less is better for you.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-20-2014, 02:35 AM)archangle Wrote: EPR is one of those things that is good for some, bad for others.
My EPR is set to three because I tend to swallow air if I roll onto my back and allow my mouth to open. Regarding the quote from archangle (above), I am curious to know the downside of using EPR. I can only guess that some folks get a better AHI without it.

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-20-2014, 05:10 AM)JimZZZ Wrote: Regarding the quote from archangle (above), I am curious to know the downside of using EPR. I can only guess that some folks get a better AHI without it.
For me, its not about AHI, mess up with my inhale/exhale breathing pattern

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-20-2014, 05:10 AM)JimZZZ Wrote: Regarding the quote from archangle (above), I am curious to know the downside of using EPR.

Some people are less comfortable with it. Some people find their numbers are worse with it. The difference is usually minor. It may be an increase of obstructives, hypopneas, or centrals.

Some people find that EPR improves their numbers.

Note that I think EPR is usually a plus, but it's a minus for some people.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Morbius,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
EPR is a comfort feature; some people like it and others don't. I don't use it because it felt like it was rushing me to breathe, of cours, YMMV.
Hang in there for more responses to your post and best of luck to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 25 455 12 minutes ago
Last Post: Old Steve
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 90 Yesterday, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 116 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  Need help new on CPAP machine Jimasripper 10 309 03-22-2024, 03:08 PM
Last Post: Jimasripper
  Ready to buy CPAP machine NewlyDiagnosed 29 627 03-21-2024, 01:42 PM
Last Post: NewlyDiagnosed
  UARS diagnosis? No improvements on CPAP. What Bilevel machine to get and where? empiricismandstatistics 8 199 03-21-2024, 04:29 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  ResMed S9 AutoSet and OSCAR - Help Appreciated Slippy 12 474 03-16-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Slippy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.