Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] ResMed S9 AutoSet Error Help Request
RE: ResMed S9 AutoSet Error Help Request
Oh wow, thanks Booked98 for burning your #1st post on helping me out. Welcome to the forums! East Coast represent!

Thanks Shastzi, I will check that site out. I was thinking of squirting some silicone lube in the tiny hole on that side of the pin, to see if that freed it up.

Earlier I sent my money shot (also a technical term but wrong industry. Focus people, I am referring to the dime pic above!) to several electronic parts places and am waiting for responses. Would be nice if ResMed stepped up and just sent me one.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, ResMed was NO help. They said that I am out of warranty. They also said that they don't send out parts, they will only swap out.

I finally got the part (or similar part anyway) from Digikey. It should arrive next week.

IF this works, it will be a $7 solution. $1.50 for part + $5.50 for shipping.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, that would be a nice cheap solution. Let us know if it works!

Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Digikey has those?
Excellent!

ResMed: You make a great machine but your parts policy is stupid.
I suppose it's a malpractice/liability issue they have in their imaginary risk factor department.

=^.^=
"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
[quote='Shastzi' pid='35326' dateline='1367081123']Digikey has those?

I had never heard of Digikey before. I just sent them an e-mail query to see if they have a replacement card reader for my PRS1 (Model 550P). Their catalog lists a lot of card reader modules, but I don't know which one to buy. Hopefully they'll have a parts number reference. Or not. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok, the part arrived today. I soldered it on and snapped everything back in place. It's Alive!!!! Alive!!! *lightning and thunder*

I used Digi-Key part number / Description:

ED90498-ND
CONN PIN SPRING-LOAD .441 20GOLD
HTSUS: 8536.69.4040 ECCN: EAR99
LEAD: LEAD FREE ROHS: ROHS COMP
CAGE: 3N087

The part only costs 1.39 with tax. I paid more in shipping so it would arrive sooner.

I want to thank Jeffrey Aberle at [commercial link removed] for letting me send him an email of the pin, so he could match it up best he could. It works great. On there internet page, there was no picture for this pin, so I couldn't figure out which I needed.

If you ever need this part then email [commercial email address removed] and he can get one to you quick.

Jiggling the tubing DOES NOT reproduce the error now, so it appears that was the only cause. I look forward to a wonderful night's sleep now.

I spent more time driving back and forth to the 'repair shop' than doing this fix.

Admin Note: Hi Cowboy, so glad you found a way to fix this. I know you didn't do it on purpose, but our rules prohibit commercial links in any forum except for the Commercial Posts forum. Also, as an alternative that would not violate the link rule, you could simply say something like "Just Google 'digikey' to get to their web site" - that's one way to get folks to the website without a direct link or URL - and that is fine according to the rules. thanks. -SuperSleeper, Admin.

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed
To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.
-----
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-27-2013, 02:53 PM)JJJ Wrote: [quote='Shastzi' pid='35326' dateline='1367081123']Digikey has those?

I had never heard of Digikey before. I just sent them an e-mail query to see if they have a replacement card reader for my PRS1 (Model 550P). Their catalog lists a lot of card reader modules, but I don't know which one to buy. Hopefully they'll have a parts number reference. Or not. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

They replied quickly, but they did not have a parts reference for the card reader in my PRS1. However, they do have a lot of card reader modules and one of them might be the one I need. Some day I'll take my old PRS1 apart and see if I can figure out which module to order.

Digikey is a keeper. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-29-2013, 07:06 PM)cowboy1970 Wrote: Ok, the part arrived today. I soldered it on and snapped everything back in place. It's Alive!!!! Alive!!! *lightning and thunder*

Hi Cowboy1970. Totally awesome! Congratulations!

The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Slept great last night! My S9 didn't rain on me. It didn't switch from 80 degrees to 3.5, like it did when it would glitch out.

Thanks for helping me with the pin feedback.
Post Reply Post Reply
You're a tech guru, Cowboy! Thanks for sharing this info! Good stuff.

Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help request... zsearcher 23 1,182 5 hours ago
Last Post: zsearcher
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 17 339 Yesterday, 07:47 AM
Last Post: Old Steve
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 104 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  [Pressure] Request Recommendation for a Dial Manometer Samwrites 4 118 03-24-2024, 09:59 AM
Last Post: Sleepster
  ResMed S9 AutoSet and OSCAR - Help Appreciated Slippy 12 462 03-16-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Slippy
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 160 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  ResMed Airsense 10 AutoSet and Oscar Bucktilley 4 210 03-05-2024, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Bucktilley

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.