Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] ResMed S9 AutoSet "Tube Obstructed" error.
ResMed S9 AutoSet "Tube Obstructed" error.
To check for leaks in my ClimateLine I usually plug the mask end with a paper towel and turn on "Mask Fit", then feel and listen along the length of the hose for leaks. I've done this numerous times with no problems. Recently I did this and just a few seconds into my inspection the machine shut down and a message came on the screen saying that the hose was obstructed and to check the hose. I removed the paper towel but the machine didn't start back up. I tried disconnecting and reconnecting the ClimateLine, still nothing. None of the buttons on the machine would restart it, it was just frozen with that message on the screen. The power button was flashing, but pushing it or even holding it down for several seconds would not make it restart. After trying everything else I could think of I disconnected and reconnected the power supply and that did the trick. I haven't noticed any problems with the machine so I don't think I did any damage.

I'm wondering if there is a risk of damaging the machine by checking the hose this way and if so what are some recommendations for a good way to check for leaks.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed S9 AutoSet "Tube Obstructed" error.
Just put the mask on. You'll find the leaks just as quickly.

Unplugging/replugging from the wall fixes a lot of things!
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Take your hose to the hardware store and find the PVC fittings department.
There is a 1/2" plug that just fits into the hose end without blowing out.

Drill eight 1/16" holes in the end of the PVC plug.

Voila! The machine will think its a mask and shut up, allowing the hose to pressurize.
Then you can work the full length of the hose freely and easily find all the leaks, tears and holes.
I got several plugs to keep spiders out of things too.

Post Reply Post Reply
I wash my climate line every week and doing so I let the water tap running both side at high presssure. If there is a leak the water comes out before the other end.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 25 455 9 minutes ago
Last Post: Old Steve
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 116 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  Question on the Hybernite Rainout control tube runcyclexcski 2 106 03-21-2024, 05:29 AM
Last Post: runcyclexcski
  ResMed S9 AutoSet and OSCAR - Help Appreciated Slippy 12 474 03-16-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Slippy
  cleaning CPAP tube sleepingbetterinFl 6 222 03-14-2024, 10:34 AM
Last Post: apnea505
  ResMed Airsense 10 AutoSet and Oscar Bucktilley 4 216 03-05-2024, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Bucktilley
  Tube Size - 12mm, 15mm and 22mm MrIvanDrago 8 474 02-23-2024, 09:31 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.