Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] ResMed S9 Humidity Level
RE: ResMed S9 Humidity Level
Paula is referring to my S9 Autoset which has the same H5i humidifier as the S9 VPAP Auto that I'm currently using.

Here is a complete inventory of my collection:

1. PRS1 BiPAP Pro Model 650P. Over two years old and starting to fail.

2. PRS1 BiPAP Pro Model 650P. Recently purchased on craigslist and working fine.

3. ResMed S9 VPAP Auto. More recently purchased on craigslist and currently being used to see if I can tame my occasional and slightly-bothersome aerophagia and also get my average AHI lower than 2 in the hopes of improving fragmented sleep.

4. ResMed S9 Autoset. Purchased on craigslist along with the VPAP simply because it was too good a deal to pass up.

So now I have a nice collection!

I've gotten in the habit of checking craigslist often, looking for good deals, and these three machines really were too good a deal to pass up. And I continue as I'd like to have a PRS1 BiPAP Auto Model 750P or 760P.

I can always make the machines available to family members or others who need them or may need them.

Another issue for me is mouth-leaking. I always thought that as long as I kept my leak rate at acceptable levels I would be fine. Looking at my data now in ResScan from the last three nights of using the VPAP I see that during the night there are one or two episodes each night lasting roughly around 10-20 minutes or so, where the leak rate climbs from the near-zero baseline to 15-20 L/min or so. I know that these leak rates are within the acceptable limit, but I'm thinking these are periods of mouth-leaking that may be waking me up. So I'm adjusting chin straps and planning on trying some different brands of chin straps that I'm buying on Amazon. My insurance allows me only one chin strap every six months, which has been barely enough.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
EDIT:

when i posted this, I was under the mistaken believe that Sleepster had got his question answered and was done. I see now I am mistaken so please ignore this question at least until he's got his answers and then if someone can suggest my best choice Id appreciate it for I don't seem to be picking the right ones right now

This is EXACTLY the same question I have been wondering on my S9 Autoset
( when Sleepster has his answer)

If it summer here and very humid out and yet i run my A/C until bedtime, I do use the ResMed Climate Line hose and my Climate Control settings range from 60 Fahrenheit - 80 f.

What number would someone suggest under those conditions?

T.I.A.

Sleepster, you seem to collect CPAP machines like i collect computers. 
As I sit at my desk right now, I have 2 stands for my laptops so I have, beside each other, 2 Macbook Pros....1 3 years old, and 1 2.5.......and then a new Samsung Series 5 and ALL ARE ON and operating ;-)

Not to mention my iPad off to the right and my Samsung G4 off to my right LOL

So I can relate to you having all of your CPAP machines----we develop certain obsessions although yours is more likely to keep you alive than mine
Post Reply Post Reply
Quote:1. PRS1 BiPAP Pro Model 650P. Over two years old and starting to fail

That seems a bit early, no?
Anyone have an average on how long these machines last?
I certainly don't want to be hunting down a S9 Autoset bi-yearly ;(
Post Reply Post Reply
Woke up this morning to a tub of warm water! If I understand things correctly, when not using the ClimateLine hose it doesn't matter whether you set Climate Control to Manual, Auto, or Patient. All that matters is the Humidity level (ranges from Off to 6.0).

Can someone verify that I've got this right?

Last night I had the Humidity level set to 6.0 all night and apparently that is what has made the difference.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-03-2014, 09:48 AM)Sleepster Wrote: If I understand things correctly, when not using the ClimateLine hose it doesn't matter whether you set Climate Control to Manual, Auto, or Patient. All that matters is the Humidity level (ranges from Off to 6.0).

Can someone verify that I've got this right?
Yes, you finally got it professor Too-funny
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you, Zonk.

Kindest regards,
Professor Sleepster

Thanks
Sleepster

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bi-Level Help, Prisma 25ST Macka 0 85 03-21-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Macka
  [CPAP] PRISMA SMART MAX PROBLEMS WITH SOFTPAP LEVEL 2 rretamalt 18 2,009 03-19-2024, 06:17 PM
Last Post: motivationalGust
  New Bi Level AC/11 VAUTO skcampbell2 19 465 03-18-2024, 02:27 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  APAP->Bi-level Titrating sleepymf 8 586 03-11-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: sleepymf
  humidity level frustration sleepingbetterinFl 2 156 03-08-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  For those that have switched from PAP to Bi-level... CPAPnerd 7 431 01-23-2024, 05:26 PM
Last Post: tbhausen
  [CPAP] DreamStation Humidity Issue bry248 14 9,162 01-20-2024, 02:59 AM
Last Post: jimbob123

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.