Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] ResMed S9 SD after 365 days , what happens?
ResMed S9 SD after 365 days , what happens?
I'm using ResMed S9 for 3/4 of a year now with a SDcard that records each night . Every so often I copy the data to my computer. What happens when the card get full after a year? Does it start recording over the old data, or do I need to delete the old data?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed S9 SD after 365 days , what happens?
(11-20-2012, 08:29 PM)Ken Ft. Erie Wrote: I'm using ResMed S9 for 3/4 of a year now with a SDcard that records each night . Every so often I copy the data to my computer. What happens when the card get full after a year? Does it start recording over the old data, or do I need to delete the old data?

Welcome to the board. We need to know what machine you have. It should say "Escape, Elite, AutoSet," or something similar near the power button.

In general, ResMed S9's erase some data after 7 days, some after 30, and some after 365 days. No user interaction is needed. The old data will just disappear. The SD card will never get full.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-20-2012, 08:46 PM)archangle Wrote:
(11-20-2012, 08:29 PM)Ken Ft. Erie Wrote: I'm using ResMed S9 for 3/4 of a year now with a SDcard that records each night . Every so often I copy the data to my computer. What happens when the card get full after a year? Does it start recording over the old data, or do I need to delete the old data?

Welcome to the board. We need to know what machine you have. It should say "Escape, Elite, AutoSet," or something similar near the power button.

In general, ResMed S9's erase some data after 7 days, some after 30, and some after 365 days. No user interaction is needed. The old data will just disappear. The SD card will never get full.
Thank you very much Archangel! You've answered my question. My machine is an Elite. I'll try to get that info into my profile when I figure how to access my profile!Thanks again.Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Archangel, Thanks for your response which answers my question. My machine is an ResMed S9 Elite, which I'll amend in my profile. Thanks again
Post Reply Post Reply
as you,re using ResScan ... the interpretation guide would helps
http://www.apneaboard.com/ResScan_Interp...-Guide.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
ResScan will keep the data though, right? It is the machine itself that dumps it from the card? So as long as you have the ResScan files, you'll have it all?
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Zonk, Many thanks for the link.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-20-2012, 09:25 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: ResScan will keep the data though, right? It is the machine itself that dumps it from the card? So as long as you have the ResScan files, you'll have it all?

Correct. The data on your PC that's been transferred from the SD card will remain there unless you delete it, as long as you have ResScan configured to transfer all the data during the upload.

Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Ken Ft. Erie,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-20-2012, 09:25 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: ResScan will keep the data though, right? It is the machine itself that dumps it from the card? So as long as you have the ResScan files, you'll have it all?

Copy the entire SD card to a directory with todays date when you load it, and you'll always be able to look at old data with SleepyHead. ResScan is picky about where it reads data from, so you'll have to trick it if you want to read old data.

ResScan or SleepyHead keep old data on your PC, but if you have a crash, you might lose it. There are ways to backup the program data.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] New User; Fine Tuning- First 3 Days of Data jgthegrouch 9 404 01-16-2024, 02:25 PM
Last Post: jgthegrouch
  Abdominal pain from open mouth. 4 days Neo2020 1 325 01-03-2024, 04:40 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Bad O2 days with APAP? ikwtif 23 1,717 11-21-2023, 04:38 PM
Last Post: BeautifulDay
  [Treatment] Three days using Soft Cervical Collar, AHI 6.73, 4.81, 22.28; makes sense? Aldiorg 9 891 11-15-2023, 12:47 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Airsense 11 doesn't write SD data on some days only chipschap 7 662 10-07-2023, 04:14 PM
Last Post: chipschap
  Persistent micro arousals? first few days on ResMed after switch from Philips. manders513 9 1,078 05-18-2023, 01:22 PM
Last Post: manders513
Wink [CPAP] SD CARD NOT SHOWING RECENT 12 DAYS * SOLVED * Samultra 1 481 05-12-2023, 10:18 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.