Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] ResMed S9 VPAP Auto beeping
ResMed S9 VPAP Auto beeping
I have the ResMed S9 VPAP Auto and was wondering how I can lower or shut off the beeping when htere is a leak. this happens twice a night and my wife is about to put me on the couch. HELP!Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed S9 VPAP Auto beeping
Hmm, that is strange as mine doesn't do that. I highly recommend you download the user manual from the links section here on the forum.
Post Reply Post Reply

The only thing I can offer is what d_mac said - obtain your Clinician Setup Manual by following the instructions on this page

http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual

There might be some way to turn off the beep- most likely to find it in the manual.

If anyone else knows for sure, please reply.

Huh
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Didn't someone a short while ago ask about this? I think it was a Respironics though. In that case, it could not be turned off since the beep was how it gave out errors, too.

You can always find the sound port (usually a small hole) and put tape over it.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-24-2012, 03:49 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Didn't someone a short while ago ask about this? I think it was a Respironics though. In that case, it could not be turned off since the beep was how it gave out errors, too.

You can always find the sound port (usually a small hole) and put tape over it.

none of my respironics have ever beeped an alarm for leaks and i have had some big ones. not generation 1, 2 or 3. system one does have a mask warning which i have turned off. i suspect resmed has the same setting.
First Diagnosed July 1990

MSgt (E-7) USAF (Medic)
Retired 1968-1990
Post Reply Post Reply
Can you turn leak alert off in clinical menu or patient setup menu ?
Whats the leak rate? I don,t use nasal pillows but suppose if goes inside the nostrils may be wrong size cushion and you can always try a nasal mask see how it goes.
Welcome
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,234 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 19 26,330 03-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Ailyhsaun
  Resmed airsense 10 auto set card to cloud chronic 4 391 02-02-2024, 01:23 PM
Last Post: chronic
  Auto BiPAP fixed PS vs Auto PS - pros and cons? Stubert 5 584 01-09-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Stubert
  My resmed s9 escape auto does not save date and time. jocemar 2 280 12-30-2023, 11:03 PM
Last Post: jocemar
  Resmed s9 VPAP auto issue steven7685 0 315 11-17-2023, 03:14 PM
Last Post: steven7685
  Meaning of information on "Sleep Report" Resmed Aircurve Auto fredhaddock 3 481 11-05-2023, 10:39 AM
Last Post: pholynyk

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.