Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Pulse ox 64% event help please
RE: Pulse ox 64% event help please
(02-13-2014, 01:03 AM)me50 Wrote:
(02-13-2014, 12:08 AM)jamica5555 Wrote: Thanks to everyone who has replied.... I don't think I have a way of knowing my ahi with my current machine. The pulse oximeter is the cms50f also just fyi. Has anyone had any problems with this pulse ox? Any tips on things to look for in the data it gives you? Also when I go back to the sleep doctor if I can in any way afford it I am getting a new machine that is the data kind..... not sure if insurance will cover it or not since I have had this machine only a little over 3 years...

with no improvement, I would think you wouldn't have any issues getting a different machine. I had a S9 Elite for 2 1/2 years with no improvement. Then I got a S9 Auto Set and had it for 4 month with no improvement. Then I got a VPAP 1 month ago. My insurance covered them but the first one had already been paid for and the 2nd and the one I have now are rentals so the insurance company didn't have a problem.

Do you have the same insurance company that purchased your Escape? If not, your new insurance company shouldn't have an issue but you might have to get a sleep study first. YMMV as all insurance companies have different requirements.

AND, if you don't feel as though your sleep doc is listening or isn't being truthful, you may consider finding another one.

What is a vpap ? Also I have seen dr friskel who is suppose to be the guy to see in the Kansas city area but no I don't feel like he is helping or listening. thanks

Post Reply Post Reply
VPAP = Respironics BIPAP.

I didn't see if you have a different insurance provider now than when you got your first machine.

Others will have suggestions for you
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-13-2014, 12:08 AM)jamica5555 Wrote: Thanks to everyone who has replied.... I don't think I have a way of knowing my ahi with my current machine.
Your machine display/store on screen sleep report AHI (not breakdown of events) pressure and usage also in ResScan via SD card
No other efficacy data or detailed data graphs

Post Reply Post Reply
I think I do have new insurance but not totally sure I need to call them. Also does anyone know if the pulse rate "events" are significant when dealing with sleep apnea.... my pulse ox has reported more than 100 sometimes 200 "pulse rate events" every night. (they are defining a PR event as a change in pulse rate by 6 or more beats that lasts for at least 8 seconds)
Post Reply Post Reply
I wouldn't worry about "Pulse Rate" events on the Oximeter unless you see them while awake and completely still. A slight movement of the unit on your finger will cause a pulse rate event.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-13-2014, 12:59 AM)jamica5555 Wrote: Also I wish I could copy this info but heres what the pulse ox meter says :
total events 13,
time in event (mins) 8.6
average event duration (secs) 39.5
basal spo2 96.4
time below 88% (mins) 1.2
events below 88% 1
minimum spo2 64%
average low spo2 91.2%
average low below 88% spo2 64%
average pulse 74.5
low pulse 53

Take note, out of however long you wore the Oximeter, you only had 1.2 minutes when you were below 88% - take me for example, most of my periods are 8-9.5hrs long, and I am usually 2-4 minutes below 88% all the time. My 'basal' is usually 91% or so. And I have lung scaring due to having had many PEs.
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pulse oximeter recommendations? p123 15 1,206 03-26-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 25,759 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
Sad [Symptoms] Traumatic life event. Now I'm waking up every night suffocating. BostonEngineer 9 388 03-03-2024, 12:44 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  are there pulse oximeter synced CPAP/Bipap/sleep study devices? bhavintu79 1 200 03-02-2024, 04:53 AM
Last Post: Gep232
  [Health] Pulse oximeter readings while asleep and awake - what do these readings mean? SleepyButHopeful 11 669 02-26-2024, 03:17 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
Question [Equipment] Apnea index, blood pressure, pulse and SpO2 stier52r043 0 227 02-25-2024, 11:49 AM
Last Post: stier52r043
Question OSCAR: Cheyne Stokes listed in event summary list but can't find a single event eyeloveeyez 5 328 02-12-2024, 09:03 PM
Last Post: eok361

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.