Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] ResMed S9 data
ResMed S9 data
Hi-
Tried the ResMed software ver. 4.01. For first time. When i put the SD card back into the machine, it had zero data on it.

What?? I didn't do anything just downloaded the data, no where did it ask to delete data or anything.

How can i get the data onto the SD card for the DME poeple (spyies)??

thank Phil
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed S9 data
Its your machine. S9 Escape is non data capable machine, It only provide compliance data how many hours you,re using the machine. You need the S9 AutoSet or S9 Elite . No Escape in the name just like No Plus in the name of PRS1 machines.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yep, Zonk is right... unfortunately you have what we affectionately call a "brick" (in other words a non-data capable CPAP machine that does nothing other than report the hours of use.

Bummer. Oh-jeez

If the machine is new, I'd take it back to the DME (Durable Medical Equipment) supplier and ask for a data-capable CPAP like the S9 AutoSet or the S9 Elite, or the PR System One REMstar Auto or PR System One REMstar Pro.
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi chevyguy2012, WELCOME! to the forum.! I'm not sure of the answer to your question but hang in there for more suggestions. Best of luck to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi-
I am in the process of trying to change the machine. The DME says that I need a new perscription and a letter for the ENT Dr. that states the medical need!!! We will see what happens- the DR. is on board.

I hope for the best- but expect less.

phil
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-24-2012, 03:01 PM)chevyguy2012 Wrote: Hi-
I am in the process of trying to change the machine. The DME says that I need a new perscription and a letter for the ENT Dr. that states the medical need!!! We will see what happens- the DR. is on board.

I hope for the best- but expect less.

phil
I have not heard this one ...new prescription for medical needs
Anyway ask the doc to write data capable machine and specify the type of the machine...for example S9 AutoSet (preferably) and dispense as written. So the DME is under legal obligation to give you whats written on the prescription as the doc ordered. Good luck.
Post Reply Post Reply
What Zonk said.

Keep us posted on how it goes.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Phil--I am aware of the need for the doc to authorize a switch to an AutoSet machine. Here's a possible approach to get that accomplished. Suggest to your doc that he let you have an autoset on a loner basis to try it out and to see if it helps get your AHI down and hold it there. That's in essence what I did. The doc agreed, telling me that he would have to set the pressure range. I had no problem with that. So, I got an Autoset from my DME as a loaner with the authorization of my doc. Later, when the loaner demonstrated that it did a better and more accurate job of setting pressures I needed (contrary to the sleep study results), the doc gave me the OK to trading my loaner for my own Autoset on a permanent basis. This might work for you too.
Post Reply Post Reply
Specifying the need to record leak data may help.

S9 Escape and Escape Auto do not record leak data.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Interpreting Resmed Aircurve 10 VAuto Data fracturedhibernation 1 243 02-23-2024, 03:07 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  OSCAR says: "Resmed Airsense 10 does not record detailed data"! Really? PappaJoe 3 475 02-14-2024, 06:38 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Does Resmed even ask for your permission before uploading your data ? S. Manz 18 2,073 12-23-2023, 05:51 PM
Last Post: Chainsawgod
  How do YOU report Resmed CPAP data for compliance silverchief2 21 1,449 12-17-2023, 03:34 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  [Equipment] How to send data from older Resmed Airsense 10 to sleep doctor? silverchief2 6 789 12-15-2023, 03:50 PM
Last Post: silverchief2
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite stuck "erasing all data", bricked User3001 0 271 11-17-2023, 12:03 PM
Last Post: User3001
  Getting data off a Resmed Escape II Gralli 3 433 08-14-2023, 12:19 PM
Last Post: Gralli

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.