Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] ResMed S9 - how long to write data to SD card?
ResMed S9 - how long to write data to SD card?
Anybody know how long it takes the S9 to write its saved sleep data to the SD card when you insert it? To make it simple, let's say the SD card already has all your sleep data from previous nights, except last night.

Alternatively, if I format the SD card and then plug it back in, how long should I wait?

I tried out a new mask last night and some pressure settings changes. I forgot that the SD card was still in my computer, so the machine ran without it. This morning I wanted to see how I did, so I inserted the card back into the machine and waited at least 15-20 min. Checked the card in both SleepyHead and ResScan... but data is missing. SleepyHead shows nothing for last night. ResScan shows the whole night in the summary graph, but it only has detailed graph data for the first short session where I was playing around with the mask. There's no data for the other session(s) from last night, including the main (sleep) session.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed S9 - how long to write data to SD card?
My understanding is that the detailed data is written directly to the SD card and not stored in its internal memory. Only summary data is kept in the internal memory. So, for the night(s) that you slept without the SD card installed, the detailed data is lost.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ron, you're right. I forgot the S9 only keeps summary data resident.

Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply
Yup. Made this boo boo several times myself.

I made myself a habit: every night when I reach to turn it on, I go a little further and run a finger over where the card should be. If the card is missing, I notice!
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
It would be a nice feature if the machine gave an audible beep once or twice to let you know if the SD card is missing (but still proceed with treatment). That could be turned off in the options menu.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-12-2013, 01:36 PM)Paptillian Wrote: It would be a nice feature if the machine gave an audible beep once or twice to let you know if the SD card is missing (but still proceed with treatment). That could be turned off in the options menu.

That would be a good new feature in the S10's - whenever they come out.

Smile
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-12-2013, 02:08 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote:
(07-12-2013, 01:36 PM)Paptillian Wrote: It would be a nice feature if the machine gave an audible beep once or twice to let you know if the SD card is missing (but still proceed with treatment). That could be turned off in the options menu.

That would be a good new feature in the S10's - whenever they come out.

I'd rather have a bluetooth capability in the machine. No more schlepping a card back and forth every day. When I want to view my data my computer just accesses the machine directly.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-12-2013, 10:17 PM)JJJ Wrote: I'd rather have a bluetooth capability in the machine. No more schlepping a card back and forth every day. When I want to view my data my computer just accesses the machine directly.

That's a really good idea, JJJ. Some type of wireless access built in would be great. Hopefully that wouldn't drive up the price of the machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
Wireless connectivity is certainly where things are moving in many devices. My only concern (being a ham radio operator) is RF interference and overcoming the issues that can arise because of that.

Thinking-about
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Quote: My only concern (being a ham radio operator)

SS...does that mean you really get to talk to Porky Pig????

Laugh-a-lot Coffee
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResMed 10 Card-to-Cloud: no cellular device NelsonM 20 3,036 03-14-2024, 10:08 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 227 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  SD Card in AirSense 11 missing data larryh 2 170 03-06-2024, 08:54 PM
Last Post: larryh
  Help Interpreting Resmed Aircurve 10 VAuto Data fracturedhibernation 1 241 02-23-2024, 03:07 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Long story short chronic 5 381 02-18-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: chronic
Question ResMed AirSense 10 SD Card reuse? uselessdetails 3 411 02-16-2024, 02:51 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  OSCAR says: "Resmed Airsense 10 does not record detailed data"! Really? PappaJoe 3 475 02-14-2024, 06:38 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.