Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] ResMed S9 power supplies
ResMed S9 power supplies
I have a 2013 vintage machine with a 90 Watt power supply #369102.

I've often found power supplies to be a weak link; so, I'd like a spare.
Searching for one, I find one for the S9 that is part number #36821.

Wattage the same. Dimension slightly large. And it appears the power plug into the S9 is straight instead of right angled.

Apparently ResMed made a power supply change mid 2013. Allegedly both models will work with the S9.

Anyone have any experience with these supplies before I buy a backup power brick?
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed S9 power supplies
Power supplies in general information, check the input/output numbers, and the polarity on the plug, also check the dimensions on the barrel, if all match up you should have no problems at all. I have used many a power supply from different manufacturers for unintended purposes, like notebook computers and the like, and that is all the critical information you should need.
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
I too have mixed and matched power supplies. In this case, I will not have the 24 Volt plug in hand unless I take a chance and buy the #36821 part number. I was hoping someone might have bought the #36821 and used it in a late production S9.

Or, know where I might be able to get a #369102 power brick.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
The 36821 lists as the power supply for the resmed Power Station II (RPS II), is that of help?
Post Reply Post Reply
Just found this as well-

SKU 36821 Replacement power supply unit plus power cord for the ResMed S9 series of CPAP machines.

I found the above info on two different sites from two places.
Post Reply Post Reply
ResMed S9 power supplies
(04-13-2014, 06:58 PM)Galactus Wrote: Power supplies in general information, check the input/output numbers, and the polarity on the plug, also check the dimensions on the barrel, if all match up you should have no problems at all. I have used many a power supply from different manufacturers for unintended purposes, like notebook computers and the like, and that is all the critical information you should need.

ResMed machines will only work with a ResMed power supply of the correct type. There's some sort of "secret handshake" in the third wire on the plug. Just supplying the 24V DC to the machine with the correct plug won't work.

It may not be that difficult to figure out what the third wire does, but I haven't seen anyone publish what it is.

I believe all ResMed S9 power supplies will work with the S9 blower unit. If you want to use the heated humidifier or the heated hose, you have to have the 90 Watt power supply.

I haven't heard of a lot of people having problems with the power supply, but it does sometimes happen. Make sure there is air around the supply for cooling. If you set it on deep pile carpeting, or cover it with something, there may be heat problems.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
I needed an additional 90 watt power supply for my S9 ResMed that has the 3 pin input.
I ordered part number #36821 and upon arrival, I looked on the back of the power supply and it stated model 369102, exactly the same as the one I had.

So part number 36821 is the same as model 369102.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-29-2014, 07:10 PM)Kisc05 Wrote: I needed an additional 90 watt power supply for my S9 ResMed that has the 3 pin input.
I ordered part number #36821 and upon arrival, I looked on the back of the power supply and it stated model 369102, exactly the same as the one I had.

So part number 36821 is the same as model 369102.
Hi Kisc05,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more responses to your post and best of luck to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Transcend (Somnetics) Micro Power Plug Size SteadyState 6 1,787 03-25-2024, 01:14 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
  Medicare Providers for Airmini Supplies knitsafghans 4 146 03-15-2024, 11:07 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Changing CPAP Machine & DME/Insurance & Supplies StratCat48 3 274 02-10-2024, 06:19 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Medicare & Re-Ordering Supplies oneeyeopen 12 871 02-07-2024, 08:10 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] Beginner Must Have Equipment/Supplies PoutinePrincess 7 375 02-07-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Airsence 10 Date Resets after Power Outrage Khayyam Qaiser 2 228 01-26-2024, 12:12 PM
Last Post: Khayyam Qaiser
  Philips Respironics DreamStation check power Steve Foley 18 22,401 01-07-2024, 02:09 PM
Last Post: zebedee

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.