Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] ResMed hose ends deteriorating
RE: ResMed hose ends deteriorating
Here's a followup:

Just for kicks I did contact ResMed, and their response was exactly what we all anticipated: "No. You're supposed to replace the hose regularly. Here's a chart."

I did find that replacement hose online and picked one up. The plan is to leave that one sealed until this one finally lets go. I used GuyScharf's idea of rubberbands for the time being. I figure I'll just use it this way until it breaks completely, then break out the new one.

I like Ardenum's way of thinking -- and that's something I can see myself doing too. Spending hundreds of dollars on equipment and materials and then saying "yay! I saved 25 dollars!"

I'm sure this has been asked before, but since we're all here... Why would a hose be rated for such a short life? It strikes me as a "use it until it breaks" sort of part and not something that would expire.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-29-2020, 11:30 AM)SleepyMcSnores Wrote: Here's a followup:

Just for kicks I did contact ResMed, and their response was exactly what we all anticipated: "No. You're supposed to replace the hose regularly. Here's a chart."

I did find that replacement hose online and picked one up. The plan is to leave that one sealed until this one finally lets go.  I used GuyScharf's idea of rubberbands for the time being. I figure I'll just use it this way until it breaks completely, then break out the new one.

I like Ardenum's way of thinking -- and that's something I can see myself doing too. Spending hundreds of dollars on equipment and materials and then saying "yay! I saved 25 dollars!"

I'm sure this has been asked before, but since we're all here...  Why would a hose be rated for such a short life?  It strikes me as a "use it until it breaks" sort of part and not something that would expire.

If DME suppliers had their way, we'd be replacing CPAP equipment every month. Things like hoses, water reservoirs, and face masks have a long service life if properly cared for. 

Obviously, face cushions and headgear, not so much. I kind of like to see just how long I can make something last. I'm pretty good at that. I tend to be a bit OC when it comes to taking care of my possessions.
Post Reply Post Reply
For me the Cpap is a price of equipment that I must have to sleep. If I have a hose that won’t work or a mask that becomes unusable I need a new one immediately. But just as you wrote if you keep one new one at home so it is there when needed.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Just make sure the new hose has no faults. I bought 2x Climateline air hose and left one in the closet. When I went to use it 1 year later, it turned out there was a crack in the silicone at the O2 inlet site and was leaking, mint condition, sealed package.

Touch it and try stretching the silicone parts through the plastic bag.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Hose volume Willw 4 235 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Willw
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 228 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111
  How often to replace mask, hose, etc. bigla6940 6 577 12-30-2023, 07:00 AM
Last Post: bigla6940
  Do I have to "clean" my heated CPAP hose? Labromaniac 13 1,288 12-28-2023, 04:23 PM
Last Post: Palmtrees
  Oxygen into CPAP hose when at high altitude Lfmichel 4 543 12-20-2023, 09:39 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Equipment] Airsense 11 Heated Hose MJLeveille 3 638 12-12-2023, 05:18 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [CPAP] Top Hose vs. Bottom Hose Jose Castro 19 1,553 11-03-2023, 10:33 AM
Last Post: Jose Castro

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.