Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] ResMed screen broken/ResScan settings
ResMed screen broken/ResScan settings
I have a ResMed AirSense 10. A year ago, it fell off the nightstand, and the display screen smashed (I'll start another thread about fixing this). I can still turn the CPAP on/off, but I can't interact with the machine in any other way. I've been wanting to change settings. I finally installed ResScan and put a formatted SD card in the machine. Fortunately, it automatically loaded the SD card with data, without requiring any manually settings on the AirSense. I installed ResScan and I'm able to view data.

Now I'd like to change some settings. I tried changing the pressure setting, and it seemed to work on the ResScan side; it wiped the SD card and created a SETTINGS folder with some files in it. I put the card in the AirSense, waited while the access light blinked a few times, and turned the machine on. I can't tell if the pressure actually changed, though. When I put the SD card back in my PC, the "Maximum Pressure" in the Settings tab still shows the old value. I don't have any confidence that the new settings were applied. Should they have been picked up and automatically applied, or does it require some user interaction?

I'd also like to turn the humidifier off. Is is possible to do this through ResScan? There's a "Climate Control" setting (Auto/Manual), but reading the ResMed manual, I don't think that's going to specifically toggle the humidifier off if I set it to Manual. I never, ever use the humidifer, and I don't want to; I find the moisture unpleasant, and when it's humid out, the tube fills with condensation and it's unbearable. So I never put water in the reservoir. The heating element is still on, though, all the time. It's wasting energy, but otherwise seems fairly harmless. I want to be able to use my CPAP with battery power, however (I'm working on a car camping setup), and I don't want the heating element draining the battery. It's also probably a bacterial petri dish since it's hot all the time. If I can't disable this via software, I'll probably disconnect the wire internally.

Is there any other way to change settings if the screen is smashed? Do any of the open source data tools allow settings changes?

Regards,
Jim
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed screen broken/ResScan settings
Hi Jim!  -  Welcome

You might look into getting a side cover plate that replaces the humidifier tank.  This will inform the Resmed to turn off any humidifier settings.  The side plate comes in two different colors for the AirSense and AirCurve.  The plate is the same, just a different color.  For some reason, I found the black one to be offered at a lower price than the gray.   They both look the same in the dark. As a side note, I feel that my Resmed is quieter without the humidifier installed.

Good luck!
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
You might want to call Supplier #27 and get an estimate for repairing that screen. For an uncomplicated repair, they will be able to give an accurate quote by phone. It might be worthwhile, and I'd be interested to hear what they say.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-14-2020, 10:36 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: You might look into getting a side cover plate that replaces the humidifier tank.  This will inform the Resmed to turn off any humidifier settings.  The side plate comes in two different colors for the AirSense and AirCurve.  The plate is the same, just a different color.  For some reason, I found the black one to be offered at a lower price than the gray.   They both look the same in the dark.  As a side note, I feel that my Resmed is quieter without the humidifier installed.

Thanks! I had no idea this was an option. I'm ordering one of these right now. Even if I manage to fix my screen and/or turn the heating element off, this is something I'd want. The reservoir has always had a loose fit, and I feel like the majority of the noise and leaking comes from it.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Oscar/ Dialing in Settings / ResMed 11 Jintyo76 2 320 01-10-2024, 11:50 PM
Last Post: Jintyo76
  Resmed ASV settings for mild sleep apnea and UARS? Gettingbetter33 3 494 01-10-2024, 09:11 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  VAUTO Settings vs. CPAP Settings MrIvanDrago 9 832 11-18-2023, 10:29 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  ResMed mask settings - what changes in each type? skypony 8 16,109 11-13-2023, 10:14 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  DreamStation 2 ramps down as soon as touch screen is touched bcodemz 3 472 10-23-2023, 04:15 PM
Last Post: StratCat48
  Document request: ResMed humidifier settings rpierce 2 517 10-21-2023, 01:28 PM
Last Post: rpierce
  Dreamstation LCD Backlight Broken FatSleeper15 0 335 09-19-2023, 08:09 PM
Last Post: FatSleeper15

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.