Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Resetting a Goodnight 420e
Resetting a Goodnight 420e
Hello,
First time user here Smile I have been using a Puritan Bennett Goodnight 420e for approx. 10 years. The machine is quiet, reliable and my husband and I sleep so much better because of it. Lately I have taken to snoring again and I think I need to raise the pressure a bit. We have the manual and know how to access the controls, but the pressure setting seems to be locked out as the up and down arrows aren't on that screen when we access it. Does anyone know how to get around this? Please help, my husband has been on the futon the past few nights!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resetting a Goodnight 420e
G'day Buslover, welcome to the forum.

The quick description to access the clinician menu is as follows:

Puritan Bennett GoodKnight 420 Series: Make sure the CPAP machine is plugged in, then find the secret button beneath the "Go" in the word GoodKnight which appears just above the LCD screen. Press the secret button and the Information Access button simultaneously for 2 or 3 seconds. The CPAP machine will now be in the provider setup mode. Press the Information Access button to cycle through the list of adjustable settings, and use the arrow buttons to make adjustments.

You can find this information and request the clinician manual from http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual Just do a search within that page. However, if you've been using the machine for 10 years, does that suggest you haven't had a recent sleep study? Our bodies change over time (not usually for the better, at least in my case) and treatment requirements can change accordingly. I'd urge you to consider having a sleep study if it's a long time since you had one.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi,
Thanks for the reply. We have the manual and I used the instructions to find the windows that show the settings. In the manual it states that only the windows with up and down arrows showing in them are adjustable. The window for pressure has no arrows and will not respond when the correct buttons are pushed. So our guess is the unit was somehow "locked" when it was set by the clinician. My question was, does anyone know how to circumvent that issue?
You are right, I do need a new sleep study, but our health insurance just changed and we have a $6500 deductible. So any sleep study will be out of pocket, which is something we can't afford right now.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi buslover,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hopefully you can get to your pressure settings and change them.
Hang in there for more suggestions and best of luck to you as you continue CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Resetting Dreamstation Stu486 6 2,316 05-07-2022, 08:21 AM
Last Post: StratCat48
  Resetting of blower hours? hearsay73 10 5,407 01-29-2021, 04:59 PM
Last Post: Remember2Breathe
Question [Equipment]  Goodnight 318 CPAP Machine ret-doc 10 8,468 09-25-2017, 05:28 PM
Last Post: Kruser
  On/off button issue & mysterious machine resetting itself mmorans5 3 1,714 07-03-2017, 07:31 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  Help (Resetting Pressures) Linda57 9 2,321 08-19-2016, 06:57 PM
Last Post: icyura10
  Why is my machine resetting itself? wxmcpo 11 5,101 09-14-2015, 04:03 PM
Last Post: zonk
  Aircurve 10 resetting hourly usage. Please help. JVinNE 0 1,869 05-30-2015, 11:48 AM
Last Post: JVinNE

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.