Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Resmed ASVauto
Resmed ASVauto
I have have the Resmed 10 Aircurve.  My DME had it set for ASV mode (doctor's orders?), but I recently changed that to ASVauto.  Which solved a HUGE problem that I was having with leaks.

It seems to me that ASVauto is like ASV, but better.  If that were strictly true, ASV would not even be available & everyone would just use ASVauto.  So, there must be situations where ASV is better than ASVauto, but I don't see it.  Put another way: what did I lose by going to ASVauto from ASV?

Thanks,
Bob
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed ASVauto
That ASVauto mode is why I think most ASV users would be better off with that machine than the PR BiPAP Auto SV Advanced.

If you get a chance, would you post a chart? Mostly just for comparison to the Auto SV.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Screenshots before & after (ASV & ASVauto).  "Before" is dominated by large leaks (the upper gray in the Event Flags chart) & hardly any hypopnea.  "After" has hardly any large leaks & many more hypopnea.  I believe that the hypopnea was less before because the excessive leaking caused so much "noise" that hypopnea detection was compromised.

Note also that before the 95% leak rate was 48cm (!) & after it's 16cm.
Post Reply Post Reply
At least this is the response I expect to see from a ASV machine, where strong increases in pressure support are preventng CA, minimizing hypopnea and periodic breathing, I just see way too many events getting past the Respironics Auto SV Advanced.

You need to upgrade to the newer version of #SleepyHead. It will properly interpret the settings and give you some better resolution of your data. Your version is pretty old.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-04-2017, 10:29 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: ...
You need to upgrade to the newer version of [url=http://OSCAR Official Download Page ----> CLICK HERE ./]SleepyHead[/url].  It will properly interpret the settings and give you some better resolution of your data.  Your version is pretty old.

Ok ... I have been pretty complacent about that.  "... properly interpret.." & "... better resolution..." is good.

So, I downloaded the linked-to Sleepyhead, installed it, and chose to "upgrade the data base".  It crashed, twice!  So I guess that all my sleep history is gone (?).  Sigh.

Bob
Post Reply Post Reply
The sleep data is all backed up. Not to worry. The data exists in My Documents/Sleepyhead Data and you can backup that directory at any time. If the crash occurred before the program was able to run, it did not even convert the data to the new format.

Take a look at this thread where others had the problem. http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ating-data
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Respiratory depression from ASVauto? Dutchie 5 638 08-05-2023, 12:01 PM
Last Post: Dutchie
  Low AHI with Aircurve 10 ASVAuto Still tired/headache/waking up at night Jarlo 19 2,096 06-26-2023, 09:49 PM
Last Post: DevinJones
  HELP needed titrating ASVauto (UARS) Dutchie 8 916 12-10-2022, 09:56 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question ASV Mode vs ASVAuto Mode - What's the Difference? RayBee 26 7,838 08-21-2021, 08:16 PM
Last Post: S. Manz
  Difference between ASV and ASVAuto Karlin 2 1,385 10-20-2020, 08:40 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Treatment] ASVAuto and aerophagia Vilippo 4 1,341 08-21-2019, 02:51 AM
Last Post: Vilippo
  ASV vs ASVAUTO? Spy Car 13 4,018 10-06-2017, 03:02 PM
Last Post: Spy Car

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.