Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Resmed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Consensus  please:

Should I unplug my AirCurve 10 when not in use, or leave it powered up in StandBy mode?

Thanks in advance,

Mitch
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
Unless your DME requires access via modem I don't think it makes much difference.
Post Reply Post Reply
Personally, I leave my ASV machine plugged in 24/7 into a surge protecting power strip. I don't bother to unplug it. I cannot think of a reason to unplug it, excepting maybe if we were to encounter a major episode of lightning in the immediate area.

Dave
lots-o-coffee
Dave

Even a 1,000 mile trip requires a first step. My recommended first steps are getting good shoes and 2 cups o coffee

Wiki Info for Beginners
Sleepyhead Chart Organization
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for your help.
Mitch
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello, Mitch. Welcome to the forum.

I leave mine plugged in 24/7.

Sleep well,
Mitch
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
I leave mine plugged into a UPS.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-10-2017, 12:38 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Personally, I leave my ASV machine plugged in 24/7 into a surge protecting power strip. I don't bother to unplug it. I cannot think of a reason to unplug it, excepting maybe if we were to encounter a major episode of lighting in the immediate area.

Dave
lots-o-coffee

This.

Aside from weather issues potentially causing damage, it would be best to simply leave it plugged in.
After shutdown, it does continue to circulate air for some time which helps to dry the tubing to reduce the potential for bacterial/mold growth.
When plugging in, it takes a short amount of time to initialize...  might be inconvenient if you are particularly tired and just want to put your mask on and hit the pillow.
-- Rich
Download SleepyHead here
Organize SleepyHead Data
Using Attachments to Post Images on Apnea Board

INFORMATION ON FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Resmed air curve 10 vauto Timrtomr 2 64 9 hours ago
Last Post: jaswilliams
  ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto vs ASV to Treat Central Apnea Ron AKA 17 365 04-20-2018, 12:12 AM
Last Post: Reznik
  Aircurve Vauto event flags gwc2795 2 111 04-04-2018, 07:42 PM
Last Post: gwc2795
  Increase pressure on Resmed air curve 10 vauto? Timrtomr 7 236 03-29-2018, 06:29 PM
Last Post: kiwii
  Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto Setting for Cpap mentor10 5 214 03-21-2018, 05:53 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Help Please w/Aircurve 10 VAuto/Sleep Issues bluemom51 5 276 03-15-2018, 12:51 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Aircurve 10 37043 JesseLee 47 907 03-14-2018, 04:30 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94