Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Resmed AirCurve VAuto vs. Resvent iBreeze
Resmed AirCurve VAuto vs. Resvent iBreeze
I need a replacement Auto BiPAP unit and my DME provider is saying they are going to replace my Resmed AirCurve VAuto with a Resvent iBreeze.

Any experience with Resvent iBreeze in terms of quality and durability?

And, is the iBreeze truly an Auto BiPAP?

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed AirCurve VAuto vs. Resvent iBreeze
A quick Google search revealed quite a few poor reviews on the ibreeze.

It also does not seem to be supported by OSCAR software. 
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...d_machines

That alone would make me insist on the Resmed. If your doc writes the prescription for a specific machine and "dispense as written" the DME has no say.
Even without that,  it's your treatment, you have say. But DME folks can be bullies.
Post Reply Post Reply
There's a shortage. I'm trying to get an AirCurve 10 VAUTO and it's impossible.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
That's a drag.

Will anyone rent you a different machine that you can return and replace with the Resmed when available?
Or offer an APAP if appropriate for at least slight symptom improvement?
Any refurbished available?
Post Reply Post Reply
My A10 VAUTO still works fine, just gives me the error message about the motor life being exceeded every time I turn it off. I also have a S9 VAuto for backup, plus an old PRS1 BiPAP with fixed pressures.

I just got a call from the DME saying they have a A10 VAUTO for me! But we've been playing phone tag all day.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-04-2022, 04:41 PM)Sleepster Wrote: I just got a call from the DME saying they have a A10 VAUTO for me! But we've been playing phone tag all day.

Sleepster,
Good for you! I hope you get the VAuto.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
mericson, I would for sure not accept the Resvent but would wait for the ResMed Aircurve 10 Vauto.  The ResMed machines are just better.  Sleepster says his is on the way, so maybe yours won't be too long in coming either!
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
The DME informs me that they now have a shipment of new AirCurve 10 VAUTO with 4G connectivity. I'm picking mine up on Monday.
Sleepster

Post Reply Post Reply
Demand ResMed. It is a quality machine.

Knockoffs that use the same name (almost) make me skeptical about their ethics.

PS- Does your prescription specify the ResMed machine and say "Dispense as written - no exceptions"? That gives the DME no wiggle room.

Call your insurance and see if there are other DMEs you can check with.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have seen many posts elsewhere that warn about Resvent as a cheap Chinese Resmed knock-off and to go to a different DME company if necessary to avoid it.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] New User w/ ResVent iBreeze 20A rstark13 5 131 03-26-2024, 09:41 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 11 299 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 18 858 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 564 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Plmnb's New Therapy ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A Plmnb 204 8,512 03-19-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Trouble adapting to ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV JanetW 6 207 03-19-2024, 01:58 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  New Bi Level AC/11 VAUTO skcampbell2 19 466 03-18-2024, 02:27 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.