Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset - how do I turn off humidification?
Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset - how do I turn off humidification?
My ~3-year old AirSense 10 Autoset does not give me an option to adjust humidity.

I tried the regular settings, Clinical settings, factory-settings reset etc.
There are lots of instructions, manuals and YouTube videos out there - none of them appear applicable to my unit.

I use the factory side-cover (bypassing the water chamber) while travelling and camping, and the water heating plate gets hot even when there's nothing to heat, so I am concerned about damaging the expensive CPAP, or draining the portable battery before getting a nights' use.

Please recommend a solution.
 LT
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset - how do I turn off humidification?
On the numbered humidity selector, you just keep decreasing until it turns off. 5,4,3,2,1,off
It turns off the hot plate.
Post Reply Post Reply
Unfortunately, there's no numbered humidity selector. No such option under any of the menus, including Clinical Settings. What am I missing here?
Post Reply Post Reply
It’s on the lighted display when the machine is on.
Post Reply Post Reply
ResMed Air 10s have a setting that configures what features are available to the patient.

Essentials, can be set to Plus. Sounds like yours is set to Off.

You will need to go into Clinical mode, find Essentials and then set it to Plus. This will add Humidity and a few other items to the user mode menu.
Post Reply Post Reply
Dog Slobber -

Problem solved, your hint about the Essentials setting was spot-on.
Also, by trial-and-error I found that I needed to insert the water tank, rather than the side cover, to access the Climate setting (needs to be Manual) and then I was able to change the Humidity!

TYVM,
 LT
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 18 347 26 minutes ago
Last Post: Pawpri
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 69 25,715 Yesterday, 05:18 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 105 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 837 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 167 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 613 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,593 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.