Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Resmed AirSense 10 have I set it up right ?
RE: Resmed AirSense 10 have I set it up right ?
I won't be changing the ranges just yet need to get a more than 1 day in before I think of fine tuning my ranges.

In terms of the leaks could someone explain the results and the dreaded '24' ?
Post Reply Post Reply
the higher the leak rate, the more likely the machine will miss or wrongly characterize some of the apneas. sometime this results in unknown apneas (forest green). in addition, the higher the leakage, the more likely you have actually been awakened by blasts of air. finally, if the air is leaking out all over, the treatment is not as effective.

these results cause the "dread".

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Simon,
Great first night. There will be up's and downs, keep your on on the "overall" and big picture as you go, it's what I try to do, and I'm further out than you at 34 nights, but your numbers "beat" mine (-: It gets very tempting to move things around too much in search of "better" but the truth is, we can't really know what will get us "better" until we have a few days to be sure that our one bad night was even related to anything we're doing.

I have the same machine as you do. I asked the Tech at the DME about the rainout I'd heard some folk have (water in hose that drips back down the hose into face) and she said "no way you'd get that with this setup" Because I have not only humidifier but also a heated hose. Well guess what I got for first two nights, pretty heavily? Rainout. She'd set the machine for temp/humidity and not Auto...well I switched it to auto and no more rainout. haven't seen it sense.

Don't know how that would affect your bits of water specks, doesn't sound like you had actualy rainout or anything much, but if you do, check your settings. I must say I do think my heated hose is wonderful, but I've got no experience without it.

Best wishes for the days to come.
The Manse Hen
Post Reply Post Reply
I will post my leak report in the morning but I guess what I am asking are my leaks high enough to worry about I don't know the range and scales very well so I don't know if they are high or not.

Sleepy head gave a warning and so did resmed's cloud service are my leaks on the high or low side ? I can try tighting the straps a little.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-31-2015, 10:04 PM)Simon Wrote: I will post my leak report in the morning but I guess what I am asking are my leaks high enough to worry about I don't know the range and scales very well so I don't know if they are high or not.

Sleepy head gave a warning and so did resmed's cloud service are my leaks on the high or low side ? I can try tighting the straps a little.

Hi Simon,

Unintentional Leak (which doesn't include the designed-in vent rate of the mask) of up to 24 Liters per minute is considered acceptable.

If Unintentional Leak is greater than 30 L/min then your machine won't even try to determine whether the apneas were Central or Obstructive in type, and these apneas will be marked type Unknown.

If Unintentional Leak is greater than 40 L/min then your machine counts this as Large Leak.

I think Large Leak for more than 30% of the previous night results in Mr Frowny appearing on the machine's display.

As long as the CAI (Central Apnea Index, which is the average number of Central Apneas per hour of sleep) remains 2 or 3 or less, I suggest increasing EPR to 2 for a week, and then increasing EPR to 3.

You posted statistics for the minimum pressure (usually same as Start Pressure setting), the median pressure (the 50 percentile pressure you were at or lower for at least 50% of the night), the 90% pressure (the 90 percentile pressure you were at or lower for at least 90% of the night, and at or higher for at least 10% of the night), and the maximum pressure (the peak pressure reached that night).

The maximum pressure reached was 20 cm H2O (20 centimeters water column), which is the max your machine is able to produce.

If you are able to avoid sleeping on your back, this would likely reduce how much pressure you need, probably resulting in less Leak and less swallowed air and better therapy.

Take care,
--- Vaughn

The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 21 405 1 hour ago
Last Post: Pawpri
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 69 25,725 Yesterday, 05:18 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 613 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,603 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 25,771 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 228 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,179 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.