Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Wisp and DreamWear
Humidifier: AirSense
CPAP Pressure: 6-18
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Female

Angry Resmed AirSense 10 problem
Weird problem - So on my last post a few weeks ago, I went into detail about water leaking from the chamber into the machine - I bought a new chamber and all was well until last night when once again....water was on and around the heating pad and the bottom of water chamber was wet. There are no cracks in the chamber - it is most bizarre...so now I'm thinking could it be the hose? that's the only other part - but I'm at a loss about how the hose could spit back the water under the chamber. I'm using the pass-over method so it's not being heated - has anyone else encountered this problem? I'm actually getting scared to use it.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated
10-16-2016 11:08 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
Sleeprider Online
Wiki Editor
Advisory Members

Machine: Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: Resmed Airfit P10
Humidifier: Resmed Climateline
CPAP Pressure: Auto Bilevel 18/9, PS 3
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead EncoreBasic

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

RE: Resmed AirSense 10 problem
My suspicion is that you're over-filling the reservoir, or not using the machine on a level surface. The Airsense water chamber is equipped with a lid that seals on a silicone seal. The lid has two tubes to prevent water from migrating to the hose or machine. It's really a pretty good arrangement unless you overfill, or tilt the machine, then it could potentially spill. Do not exceed the full-line on the lower reservoir and keep the machine level.

If you fill the water chamber and close the lid, without putting it into the machine, see how much you can tilt it without causing a spill.

10-17-2016 09:36 AM
weeble Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: Resmed AirSense Autoset For Her S10
Mask Make & Model: Wisp and DreamWear
Humidifier: AirSense
CPAP Pressure: 6-18

Other Comments:

Sex: Female

Thank you for your thoughts but the answer is no to both. Flat surface and I rarely fill it to the maximum line. I have also tested that spillage as you suggested and I have to tilt it a long way. It's extremely frustrating. I've used the machine for over a year without problems....it's only the past month that it's been doing it

(10-17-2016 09:36 AM)Sleeprider Wrote:  My suspicion is that you're over-filling the reservoir, or not using the machine on a level surface. The Airsense water chamber is equipped with a lid that seals on a silicone seal. The lid has two tubes to prevent water from migrating to the hose or machine. It's really a pretty good arrangement unless you overfill, or tilt the machine, then it could potentially spill. Do not exceed the full-line on the lower reservoir and keep the machine level.

If you fill the water chamber and close the lid, without putting it into the machine, see how much you can tilt it without causing a spill.
(This post was last modified: 10-17-2016 08:05 PM by weeble.)
10-17-2016 08:03 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
Jim Bronson Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed Airsense 10 Elite
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage FX
Humidifier: Built-in
CPAP Pressure: 9.2

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

Since the water apparently does not come from the tank, then it must be condensation. Check the relative humidity and temperature variation in your bedroom.
10-17-2016 10:59 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Long time CPAP user now with a problem PrkChps 5 130 Yesterday 09:07 PM
Last Post: PrkChps
Question ResMed AirSense 10 Badjo17 26 2,496 12-04-2016 09:30 AM
Last Post: Arnie51
  Problem with DreamWear Mask Judy1843 5 292 11-30-2016 04:03 AM
Last Post: holden4th
  Is this sound normal? - Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset Ronberta 8 1,265 11-29-2016 07:59 PM
Last Post: sonicboom
  New User Problem with BiPAP AVAPS - Part 1 jmayer180 35 1,315 11-27-2016 09:50 AM
Last Post: jmayer180
  [Equipment] ResMed Airsense 10 Quit Working SherrieR 4 251 11-26-2016 07:51 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
Angry Resmed Airsense/Telstra 2G wireless kerput JamesW 2 212 11-24-2016 11:08 PM
Last Post: JamesW