Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV noise
Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV noise
I have been using Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV for about 5 years. After 30 years of sleep apnea, I was finally diagnosed with Central Sleep Apnea and this machine have really helped me get a good nights sleep. Periodically the machine will pop when I inhale and exhale for 1 or 2 breaths and then be quite for several breaths and repeat. The machine was replaced about 3 years ago, but the new machine has the same issue. Lately it has gotten much worse and is keeping my wife and me awake. My DME has not helped and neither has Resmed. Any suggestions? Thanks, Ed
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed Aircurve 10 ASV noise
My Phillips Respironics used to pop and it would wake me up. It got sent in for repairs 3 times, and it still would pop. So I switched to the AirCurve 10, and it has not popped. As for the Phillips machine, one comment someone had made was to put a rubber band around the tank. I don't know if that would work with the Resmed machine. I assume you've received new tanks for the Resmed machine. I don't know if you've done a search on this site but I think you would see others that have discussed the issue. Isn't it sad how useless the DME and the doctor can be in the PAP journey.
Post Reply Post Reply
EdFJr, I'm going out on a limb here.

I've been on my ASV for about 4-1/2 years, so our machines are pretty close to the same vintage.

My ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV made a few loud, startling pops a few years ago. Maybe only 2 to 4 times. It hasn't done it since. I think it was my humidifier tank maybe not being snapped closed correctly or seated properly in the machine itself. Or maybe being closed overly tight. And I think the sudden higher inspiratory pressure popped the humidifier tank back to its normal snapped-closed position or reseated the tank in the machine (the little spiky retaining catch on top of the tank). As I recall, I actually felt the pop abruptly in my mask when this happened. This is all speculation since it only happened a few times.

I might suggest trying a blank side cover in place of the humidifier for several nights and see if the popping persists or goes away. Do a search on "AirSense 10 Side Cover" PN 37335. They seem to be around $15 to $20 at many online stores, or check the CPAP Supplier List on AB.

You might also inspect the silicone outlet from the air pump that feeds into the humidifier. Also, the output side of the tank needs to seat properly onto the silicone seal that ports out the rear of the machine. This part is removable and is a replaceable part. This is called the "Air Outlet Adapter" PN 37310. Good to have a spare on hand and also $15-ish or so.

I hope this helps track down the culprit and is an easy fix. Otherwise you may be looking at the end of life of your ASV and hopefully be able to convince your DME to replace it.

Last ditch effort, you could buy your wife a Sony WH-1000XM5 Wireless Noise Cancelling Headphone for only $400. And you could use it during the daytime. OK, maybe not the best solution.
RayBee

~ Self-Treatment - via ApneaBoard experts.
~ Self-Pay - no help from Kaiser other than getting my script, then a pat on the butt and out the door.
~ Self-Educated - via ApneaBoard experts, its many users, and posted reference material.
~ Complex Apnea - All Night AHI=34.2/h, Supine AHI=45.5/h
~ Using a 2021 16" MacBook Pro M1 Max, 32 GB, 1 TB, macOS Monterey V12.6.2.
~ Pay no attention to the dog behind the cup, he ain't a docta, and does not give medical advise.
~ Woof, woof.

I-love-Apnea-Board
Post Reply Post Reply
Update. I bought a large elastic strap with a velcro closure. I wrap it very tightly long ways around the CPAP and water chamber. Be careful not to cover the air intake. This has significantly reduced the noise.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto - Oscar Chart Raven87 12 241 Yesterday, 08:11 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Airmini noise question sfr79 39 21,503 04-20-2024, 07:02 PM
Last Post: scottjenson
  [Equipment] Bag for Aircurve 10 without humidifier? melbell 3 160 04-20-2024, 02:07 AM
Last Post: melbell
  Help with new AirCurve 10 VAuto Settings aubreyjs 6 182 04-19-2024, 09:40 AM
Last Post: aubreyjs
  Does Aircurve 10 Vauto record events and flow limits during ramp mode? SingleH 3 106 04-19-2024, 09:12 AM
Last Post: SingleH
Smile Alan's New ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto Came Today! Deborah K. 20 1,027 04-14-2024, 08:15 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Aircurve 10 Vauto ANTIKATE 5 188 04-14-2024, 12:53 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.