Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset
RE: Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset
Welcome! Nice machine - let us know how it works. It's really weird that your best deal was to buy it from a U.S. supplier - I thought ResMed was an Aussie company!!!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi,
Resmed is an aussie company, but due to lack of population is only around 22.6 million(about the same as NY), we tend to get ripped off a bit. It is cheaper to live in London, or NY than Perth Western Australia.
The Resmed Masks cost around $300 here but can get them from the US including postage $120, and they are made in Oz
Regards
Bob
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-03-2014, 08:23 AM)Skypilot Wrote: Did you get hit for duty/GST because with the exchange rate it would have been over the AUS$1000 threshold?

I just received mine today, also ordered from the USA. I got charged a $52 customs fee (got a call from FedEx once package landed in Aust). No GST as CPAP equip is on the exemptions list under medical equipment. My total order was $1300 USD as I got a couple of masks, spare cushions and a power adapter as well as machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-07-2014, 11:11 PM)Crist Wrote:
(09-03-2014, 08:23 AM)Skypilot Wrote: Did you get hit for duty/GST because with the exchange rate it would have been over the AUS$1000 threshold?

I just received mine today, also ordered from the USA. I got charged a $52 customs fee (got a call from FedEx once package landed in Aust). No GST as CPAP equip is on the exemptions list under medical equipment. My total order was $1300 USD as I got a couple of masks, spare cushions and a power adapter as well as machine.

Well done, you saved a lot on money there. Where did it come from?
Please let us know how it goes compared to the S9
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-08-2014, 12:30 AM)greg-g Wrote:
(09-07-2014, 11:11 PM)Crist Wrote:

Well done, you saved a lot on money there. Where did it come from?
Please let us know how it goes compared to the S9

I got it through Supplier #10, was here in 4 working days Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
MY Supplier in the USA was 1800Cpap, just type it in your browser. Great maching just trying to get use to the masks, keep getting leaks around the bridge of my nose
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-14-2014, 07:32 AM)metro5053 Wrote: MY Supplier in the USA was 1800Cpap, just type it in your browser. Great maching just trying to get use to the masks, keep getting leaks around the bridge of my nose

I've also bought the Airsense 10 from 1800CPAP (#2 on suppliers list), what a beauty of a machine. Fully customisable too.

The customer service lady actually advised me to use a non-Resmed mask (recommended the Fisher and Paykel Simplus Full-face mask), works a treat.

There's a Resmed clinical guide for your hacking pleasure as well (search "airsense 10 clinical guide", there's a link from sleep.tnet.com). One can do all the customisations on the machine by pressing down the home key and knob for 3 seconds, which unlocks the "clinicians only" settings (page 14 on the guide).

Hello from a new member, by the way Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset or the S9 Autoset
After 10 years on machines from Resmed S8 t0 S10, I've picked up a bit of experience on using them. Got to say I find the Airsense 10 and the new lightweight mask, a step backwards. Massive leakage while wearing the masks and the number of times I have been woken by the Airsense pushing out full pressure and condensation is huge. I have the programs to check my sleep pattern on all my machines (4)and it's back to my S9. Others must be having problems with the new setup.
Post Reply Post Reply
How can i enter tho the EPR menu in the airsense 10? I´m feeling like claustrophobic, this is my first device and is my fourth night. I haven´t had good nights..

(09-03-2014, 11:21 AM)surferdude2 Wrote: BTW,Welcome I neglected to do that...Dont-know

One more point that you may consider; set the EPR to #2 initially. I found the #3 setting was unduly disturbing by the pressure thump it created and setting it to #2 made that go away. If you later find that you are having trouble exhaling against your pressure settings, you can always change it to #3. In time, when you totally accept and adjust to the mask and pressures, you'll find that the EPR feature has little value.

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-02-2015, 02:33 PM)RicardoMtzK Wrote: How can i enter tho the EPR menu in the airsense 10? I´m feeling like claustrophobic, this is my first device and is my fourth night. I haven´t had good nights..

(09-03-2014, 11:21 AM)surferdude2 Wrote: BTW,Welcome I neglected to do that...Dont-know

One more point that you may consider; set the EPR to #2 initially. I found the #3 setting was unduly disturbing by the pressure thump it created and setting it to #2 made that go away. If you later find that you are having trouble exhaling against your pressure settings, you can always change it to #3. In time, when you totally accept and adjust to the mask and pressures, you'll find that the EPR feature has little value.
Welcome to the right place,
RicardoMtzK, if you are feeling claustrophobic that would be more of a mask problem, The EPR would be the amount of relief pressure you get on exhale , If you are finding hard to exhale set your EPR to 3 and see if that helps you , you push the large dial button and the home button down at the same time hold them for aprox. 3 sec then you will see the clinic menu appear then turn the large dial til you see the epr setting then push in the large dial and set it to 3.
That will be the most relief you can get on exhale.
Good Luck and Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 32 586 3 hours ago
Last Post: Pawpri
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 70 25,880 Yesterday, 11:41 AM
Last Post: her.suit
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 128 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 846 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 169 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 625 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,652 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.