Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset
RE: Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset
Geoff,
This has got to be a settings issue, I assume in the clinical menu, because
I have the same machine you do, where yours says "My air" mine says more info in a black bar, I roll the front button to the right, and it scrolls down to everything from ahi to central , total, leak, pressure etc.

(PS I just went into the clinical menu and played around with it. I was unable to make mine only show what yours does. I'm going to search the clinicians book next. If that doesn't bear fruit, I wonder if you somehow were given a pre-release model or some kind of demo model or? no idea, will report back if clinicians guide says anything)

Mine came from the DHE with that ability, I didn't have to go change settings to get it.

It's a great machine, don't give up hope.

The Manse Hen
Post Reply Post Reply
Beyond the sleep report AHI display issue, the other problem I've had is that the humidifier quit working twice. Last night, I woke with cotton mouth, saw a fault displayed, removed the mask causing it to auto-shut-off, reseated the ClimateLine hose, and it worked fine for the rest of the night. I was reading a thread here where somebody wrote they cycle power before using it every night to work around a humidifier problem. After the flawless behavior of the S9, I consider this unacceptable. I'm going to take a photo of the display the next time this fault happens. I think I'll ask my DME to call ResMed tech support about these two issues if I can't sort them out.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-16-2015, 09:38 PM)GeoffD Wrote: Beyond the sleep report AHI display issue, the other problem I've had is that the humidifier quit working twice. Last night, I woke with cotton mouth, saw a fault displayed, removed the mask causing it to auto-shut-off, reseated the ClimateLine hose, and it worked fine for the rest of the night. I was reading a thread here where somebody wrote they cycle power before using it every night to work around a humidifier problem. After the flawless behavior of the S9, I consider this unacceptable. I'm going to take a photo of the display the next time this fault happens. I think I'll ask my DME to call ResMed tech support about these two issues if I can't sort them out.

I agree, You have a 2 year warrantee and you should have a Flawless machine.
Eat-popcorn
Keep us posted!
Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Geoff...
Yay! I was able to figure out what your issue is with the display. I asked for and received a clinicians menu for download by email.

This is what it said. I tried it, and I am only seeing what you showed in pics.
Patient menu
In the patient menu there are two types of access levels, Essentials and Essentials Plus.
Essentials is designed to make the device interaction and menu navigation easier for patients. It is a
simple choice for patients who do not want to worry about settings or menu navigation. It provides
access to the most important comfort features such as Ramp Time, Humidity Level (if water tub
available) and Run Mask Fit.
However, by enabling Essentials Plus you can allow highly engaged patients to access additional
features for control over more of their therapy settings, including changing their mask type, EPR (if
available), SmartStart and Run Warmup (if water tub available).
Essentials Plus can be enabled via the Settings menu. For more information on the patient menu,
see the User Guide. "

Short story, I assume you know how to go into your clinicians menu?

So go into the menu, scroll down to the place where it says "essentials" ...yours will be currently checked for "on"...you want to move that check to the "Plus" setting. It won't take effect until you depart the clinicians menu. Depart, go back and look at your "sleep report" don't panic..use the big round knob on the front of your machine and dial it to the right, and scroll down to see all your goodies? yes???

Hope this helps.
I shall now look into the issue with the hose. And if I can't find anything it might be, DEF. get another one of these sweet babies! One that is working.

The Manse Hen

"
Post Reply Post Reply
Okay Geoff,
I read through the user manual and the clinicians manual (not very "deep" reading I must say) and neither gave any info that sounded helpful for your humidifier issue. Do you recall what the error message was? was it a numbered/lettered error or a Frowny face with humidifier error? Apparently Frowny Face with humidifier
means take the machine back!

"System fault, refer to user guide, Error 004
Device may have been left in a hot environment. Allow to cool before re-use. Disconnect the power supply
and then reconnect it to restart the device.
Air filter may be blocked. Check the air filter and replace it if there are any blockages.
Disconnect the power supply and then reconnect it to restart
the device.
Air tubing may be blocked. Check the air tubing and remove any blockages. Press the
dial to clear the message and then press Start/Stop to
restart the device.
There may be water in the air tubing. Empty the water from the air tubing. Disconnect the power
supply and then reconnect it to restart the device.
All other error messages, for example, System fault, refer to user guide, Error 0XX
An unrecoverable error has occurred on the device. Contact your care provider. Do not open the device. "

Do let us know what happens.

The Manse Hen.
Wearing her reading glasses!
Post Reply Post Reply
[attachment=1288]
I've been using my new AS-10 for almost a week now, after more than 7 years on my S-8 auto. On night 1, running on the default auto settings, I experienced miserable sleep. The pressure ramped up extremely high for me using my Mirage Quatro FF Mask. I fought leaks all night and had pain from how tight I had to get the mask to stop leaks. I was surprised to see the unit detected most of my apneas as Central. I also didn't realize EPR was off by default and I was used to sleeping with it. Normally, my daily apnea is rarely more than 1.0, but I have many hypopneas - giving me a 90 day AHI of 7.0 [attachment=1293]

Night 2 I switched to my new Swift pillows (changed the machine accordingly) and turned on Fulltime EPR to 3. Again, my apneas were detected as mostly central. The EPR at 3 seemed like too much and the pressure was so low, I felt like I was "pulling" air just to breath. Not a great night for my comfort. [attachment=1289]

Night 3 I reduced EPR to 2 (and I see that is common based on this thread) and found it more comfortable. I also began loosening my headgear. After night one with the FF mask - and never wearing pillows prior - I had over tightened my pillow setup and my nostrils were very sore (and my face was marked deeply). It was more comfortable, but still felt like I was "pulling air" a few times. [attachment=1290]

Night 4 I increased the minimum pressure to 5 and found more comfort. I also turned off the Ramp (it was only set to 5 minutes) based on reading here. [attachment=1291]

Night 5 I bumped my minimum pressure to 6. I actually slept pretty well. I suspect the low pressure just wasn't comfortable after so many years on my S-8 with a starting pressure of 8. I actually had an AHI under 1.0!!! However, I'm still shocked that most detections are Central. Has anyone else experienced this with the AS-10?[attachment=1292]

Thanks for hosting this great discussion forum!
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-17-2015, 01:34 AM)TheManseHen Wrote: Yay! I was able to figure out what your issue is with the display. I asked for and received a clinicians menu for download by email.

Essentials Plus can be enabled via the Settings menu.

Thanks!

I've enabled the feature. Thanks for doing the RTFM for me. The obscure "Essentials" menu title wasn't obvious. It should be called "Sleep Report Configuration". I should download the clinician manual and read it. I was lazy and assumed the manual would be almost identical to the S9 manual I already have.

The error code I've seen twice isn't the overheating one. Next time, I'll take a photo of it. I think it's probably user error connecting the ClimateLine hose or the tank.

In the last 5 days, I have three nights of 0.0 AHI and two of 0.2 AHI. I have 8 days on the machine and didn't enable MyAir web reporting until after the first 3 days. I haven't bothered to pop the SD Flash card into my laptop.
Post Reply Post Reply
Geoff,
You are most welcome. I don't think it's lazy to not always have time, be in the mood, feel up to, doing every bit of research ...everyone needs a boost sometime!

The Hen
Post Reply Post Reply
I continue to have humidifier issues. A few nights ago, I didn't have a fault code but the humidifier chamber was still full when I woke up. I'm in subzero Vermont with the heat cranked and the tank is usually pretty much empty when I wake up.

The last 2 or 3 nights, I've power cycled the machine before putting my mask on. So far, I have not seen any humidifier issues. Like everything else with CPAP, I'm going to collect a month of data before changing anything. If the problem isn't seen for a month following this proceure, I'm going to stop cycling power to see if the issue returns. If it does, I'm going to have my DME pull in ResMed tech support. This could be either a hardware or software problem and I don't have any visibility into it. I'd rather have a flawless machine before the rent-to-own window ends.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi, my name is Eva and come from Hong Kong, i have buy a S10 auto from USA and deliver to HK, and i found that this machine only have english interface, but my friend have this machine from HK Resmad and it show a chinese interface, how can i change the inferface? is it any software or firmware need to install in the machine? Thank you
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 25 474 3 hours ago
Last Post: Old Steve
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 70 25,829 9 hours ago
Last Post: her.suit
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 119 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 842 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 168 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 620 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,622 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.