Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset
RE: Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset
(05-02-2015, 01:40 AM)evaor77 Wrote: Hi, my name is Eva and come from Hong Kong, i have buy a S10 auto from USA and deliver to HK, and i found that this machine only have english interface, but my friend have this machine from HK Resmad and it show a chinese interface, how can i change the inferface? is it any software or firmware need to install in the machine? Thank you
Hi Eva and welcome to Apnea Board

I bought the machine from US too as local prices are quite pricey
There is no Chinese language option but you can choose from 4 languages: English / Français / Español / Português

Maybe there is Chinese language option but suppose you have to buy the machine locally and pay HK prices

There is no such language software to the best of my knowledge

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-03-2014, 10:55 AM)surferdude2 Wrote:
(09-03-2014, 06:30 AM)metro5053 Wrote: just one question when it is set to 'Autoset", does this mean it will automatically adjust the therapy whilst I am wearing it, or I have to set minimum and Maximum pressures.
Thanks and RegardsSmile
Bob

Yes, it will indeed adjust as needs change. The S9 Auto is a marvelous piece of equipment and the Cadillac of the CPAP's.

You can choose to use it "as is" and accept the factory setting for minimum & maximum pressures (4 & 20) or you may choose to set it differently. Some will advise you to leave it alone if it is working and giving you >5 AHI per hour. I consider it prudent to set it to my individual requirements since I think I'm more in tune to my condition than all others.

I chose to set mine more to my requirements rather than allow the factory minimums to dictate the range of control. I did this based on my knowledge that it was folly to start out in a pressure so low that I could never benefit from it. I chose to set the minimum to a point just below the response level I had witnessed on the lowest pressure correction made when the S9 adjusted for the first event. That turned out to be 8 cm wc. Then I set the maximum to just above the highest reading that was ever recorded by the S9 in a typical former run. That turned out to be 16 cm wc. That makes my setting at 8 ~ 16 and it works very well for me. The advantage of having the lower setting bumped up is that the first event is likely getting better response time. The advantage of having the maximum pressure lowered is that when testing the mask for leaks, using the "Mask Test" feature, it is not subjected to a pressure so high that it forces me to tighten the straps unduly tight. Preparing for a pressure of 20 cm wc can make for a rough night's infliction of mask injury to my face. With the 16 cm wc setting, the machine automatically tests the mask at 16 cm wc (not 20 cm) and it's easy to get the mask leak free at that setting.

Some may argue that I am limiting the machine's ability to help me when it may actually need the full 20 cm wc pressure. I say I will see that on the software that I use to monitor my progress and adjust accordingly. In the meantime, I'll enjoy the benefits of the lower setting.

Since your pressure recommendation is very similar to mine, you can reasonably expect that my settings might be a good starting place for you. Stick around for other opinions and make your own decision based on what you think sounds best. Sometimes there is no definite right and wrong but there is always a way that is best suited for the individual and only you can determine that by weighing all the advice given my others who are down the road ahead of you.

Did you mean less than 5 AHI? I thought the lower the number the better.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes Ed Pepper, I did mean less then 5 AHI but obviously didn't proof read my post. Thanks for catching the error. I just goes to show that when using symbols in lieu of full text, errors are more likely to occur and be less obvious. I apologize to all for any confusion that may have caused. I can't edit the post since the time limit has expired.

All the best, Dude
Post Reply Post Reply
error
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-03-2014, 06:30 AM)metro5053 Wrote: Hi,
First like to say G'day to everyone, first forum I have joined. I live in Western Australia, equipment and cost is quite high here, Overpriced and hard to get service.
I was diagnosed with sleep apnea in January this year after a sleep study, and got a Philips Respironics RemStar Pro with C-Flex+ (451P), the setting I was given for the pressure was 13.5.
I was orignally assessed using the Resmed S9, to find out the pressures and settings
I like the S9 auto much more than the Remstar, a lot easier to sleep with it as it adjusted the pressure to my requirements. The Price of the S9 in Australia was Au$2500,(roughly the same as the US Dollar).
I was pointed in the direction of 1800CPAP, in California, where I actually bought the Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset for US$990 including freight, hell of a difference.
Got it 2 days ago and seem to have got it working ok, just one question when it is set to 'Autoset", does this mean it will automatically adjust the therapy whilst I am wearing it, or I have to set minimum and Maximum pressures.
Thanks and RegardsSmile
Bob

Hi Metro

I was thinking of getting an auto CPAP machine from the USA also, however, I saw several problems that needed answering before seriously thinking about that:
* Does one need to purchase a transformer to convert from USA voltage to Aus 240V ?
* Do our local Aus health funds still pay a contribution (usually $500 to $800) for the machine if you have ancillaries cover or do they only cover machines purchased in Aus?
* If there are any warranty issues, does the machine have to be shipped back to the USA or will the local Aus CPAP companies fix or replace them here?
Thanks
Dreamy
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi dreamy
I hope have answered your question and given you some feedback

* Does one need to purchase a transformer to convert from USA voltage to Aus 240V ?
No, you only need plug adapter or an S8 power cord (I got one locally from Supplier #13)

* Do our local Aus health funds still pay a contribution (usually $500 to $800) for the machine if you have ancillaries cover or do they only cover machines purchased in Aus?
I don't think so but no harm in asking them

 IMO, as you get a rebate from your health fund, there is no benefit or saving buying the machine from US, considering added shipping costs and the Australian dollar below 75 US cents, also machine 5 years ResMed warranty is available
for example ... AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her AU $2000 (less if you shop around)
Insurance rebate AU $750 (approx)
Out of pockets AU $1250 = US $ 920 (approx)

Masks, cushions, hoses, water chambers, etc ... are different matter and insurance does not pay for them
They're very expensive in Australia

* If there are any warranty issues, does the machine have to be shipped back to the USA or will the local Aus CPAP companies fix or replace them here?

Yes, manufacturer warranty does not apply to machines purchased from overseas You can try local repairer but will charge you as shipping the machine back to US cost money too

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-19-2015, 05:26 PM)zonk Wrote:  IMO, as you get a rebate from your health fund, there is no benefit or saving buying the machine from US, considering added shipping costs and the Australian dollar below 75 US cents, also machine 5 years ResMed warranty is available
sleepvantage membership extends the manufacturer's warranty
[Image: 50_extenion_of_warranty_Period_icon.gif]
On all ResMed products

So if your product has a 1-year manufacturer's warranty, we'll give you 6 months on top of that...

Or if your product has a 2-year manufacturer's warranty, you get an extra one year on top of that, simply by being a sleepvantage member
https://www.sleepvantage.com.au/membersh...nsion.html

5-year extended warranty on your therapy device

To extend your ResMed therapy device warranty for another two years beyond the standard manufacturerer’s warranty, you may additionally purchase a limited extended warranty. Purchase of this 2 year limited extended warranty may occur when you initially purchase your therapy device or at any time during the machine's standard warranty period. If you have joined sleepvantage and you have purchased the 2 year limited extended warranty, your therapy device will be under warranty for a total of 5 years.

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-19-2015, 05:26 PM)zonk Wrote: Hi dreamy
I hope have answered your question and given you some feedback

No, you only need plug adapter or an S8 power cord (I got one locally from Supplier #13)

I don't think so but no harm in asking them

 IMO, as you get a rebate from your health fund, there is no benefit or saving buying the machine from US, considering added shipping costs and the Australian dollar below 75 US cents, also machine 5 years ResMed warranty is available
for example ... AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her AU $2000 (less if you shop around)
Insurance rebate AU $750 (approx)
Out of pockets AU $1250 = US $ 920 (approx)

Masks, cushions, hoses, water chambers, etc ... are different matter and insurance does not pay for them
They're very expensive in Australia

Yes, manufacturer warranty does not apply to machines purchased from overseas You can try local repairer but will charge you as shipping the machine back to US cost money too

Sounds like I am currently better off buying at best price locally then

All I get back via health fund is $600 (NIB)

Thinking of Resmed auto 10 vs Philips auto with heated tube humidifier
or
Just go for a pre-set fixed pressure resmed or philips?

After trialing a Resmed auto 10 (very quiet) - I definitely want/need the humidifier with heated hose option - even with the heated hose climate line I still get some water droplets forming in the mask on these current cold NSW winter nights (fisher&paykel Eson mask - nice little nasal mask - but haven't tried any others to know whats best). I just about choked with a dry throat when the humidifier tank ran out of water.

Post Reply Post Reply
Question 
I have a question.. if I buy a resmed AutoSense from the USA and it needs a warranty repair.. what do I do ? I cannot find anyone who will tell me. And since they charge double for the machines in Australia they will be unhappy if I undercut them by importing. Anyone have any experience ? I called 1800CPAP where you bought your machine and they could not give me an answer.

Brett.

(09-03-2014, 06:30 AM)metro5053 Wrote: Hi,
First like to say G'day to everyone, first forum I have joined. I live in Western Australia, equipment and cost is quite high here, Overpriced and hard to get service.
I was diagnosed with sleep apnea in January this year after a sleep study, and got a Philips Respironics RemStar Pro with C-Flex+ (451P), the setting I was given for the pressure was 13.5.
I was orignally assessed using the Resmed S9, to find out the pressures and settings
I like the S9 auto much more than the Remstar, a lot easier to sleep with it as it adjusted the pressure to my requirements. The Price of the S9 in Australia was Au$2500,(roughly the same as the US Dollar).
I was pointed in the direction of 1800CPAP, in California, where I actually bought the Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset for US$990 including freight, hell of a difference.
Got it 2 days ago and seem to have got it working ok, just one question when it is set to 'Autoset", does this mean it will automatically adjust the therapy whilst I am wearing it, or I have to set minimum and Maximum pressures.
Thanks and RegardsSmile
Bob

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-07-2015, 10:36 AM)bm069au Wrote: I have a question.. if I buy a resmed AutoSense from the USA and it needs a warranty repair.. what do I do ? I cannot find anyone who will tell me. And since they charge double for the machines in Australia they will be unhappy if I undercut them by importing. Anyone have any experience ?

Brett.
Hello Brett and welcome
For all warranty issues, the machine have to be sent to the place of purchase, ResMed does not repair machines bought from overseas

If you have private health insurance with the extra, might be worth while buying the machine locally, adding shipping costs and the dollar keep falling down, not worth the hassle. On the other hand, if not ...
then I suggest and recommend S9 AutoSet (new or used) from Supplier #2, unless your heart set on AirSense 10 AutoSet Smile

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 19 354 56 minutes ago
Last Post: Pawpri
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 69 25,717 Yesterday, 05:18 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 106 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 837 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 167 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 613 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,595 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.