Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset
RE: Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset
(02-02-2015, 02:33 PM)RicardoMtzK Wrote: How can i enter tho the EPR menu in the airsense 10? I´m feeling like claustrophobic, this is my first device and is my fourth night. I haven´t had good nights..

Low pressure often causes a feeling of claustrophobia because you're rebreathing some of your exhaled air. Starting at a higher staring pressure if you can stand it can help this. 4 is too low for almost everyone.

You should download the SleepyHead software and read your data and see what pressure you end up using during the night. Then raise your minimum pressure.

If you wake up feeling claustrophobic, take a look at the machine and see what pressure you are at.

Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thumbsup 
Finally received my Chevy S10 Autoset after more than a month of bait and switch from two DME providers - both pushing System One when I was prescribed a ResMed from my SleepMD. Told both of them to pound sand until I went through my insurance to force them to behave. What a racket they have there -- no wonder all of this insurance cost so much when there are so many unnecessary middlemen - the cell tech of the S10 should make it easier to show compliance to insurance and remove the PITA DME slime.

I'm very new to CPAP, diagnosed mild apnea in December with AHI 8. Initially titrated on an S9 in a sleep lab getting me down to AHI 0.6 @6cm. Reading these forums, I realize that I'm in the minority with my mild apnea here, but I really do notice the quality of sleep improving and my wife has less reason to terminate me in my sleep from by buzzsaw snoring.

What I found in moving from the SystemONE to the Resmed S10 is that I was able to match the lab rating of AHI 0.6 using the static 6cm that the RT setup when they handing me the equipment. Shortly after becoming educated here, I changed the EPR to 1, and set CPAP to auto, from 6cm to 15cm.

Now I'm getting an AHI of 0.0! i see that my pressure ranges from 6cm to 8.2cm... I have the humidifier and climate line set to auto, and its night and day better than the SystemOne.

Makes all of the DME Provider BS and insurance wrangling worth it. I'm sleeping great and feel amazing. Thanks for this wonderful resource here.

-Christopher
Post Reply Post Reply
I am new to this site and have just started using the Airsense 10 Autoset. I found a link of this site to download the Resscan software and clinician guide to download the data to track progress. After a little trouble, I was able to download and install the software but cannot figure out how to download the data directly through the Cell modem or Wifi on the unit to the computer. My understanding was that the software supports this model and should be able to do this but the clinician guide and software does not indicate this anywhere. I had no problem initially setting up the machine to work with the myair website but that is inadequate to track how I am sleeping? Any help would be appreciated. Too-funny
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-06-2015, 12:16 AM)Borisb Wrote: I am new to this site and have just started using the Airsense 10 Autoset. I found a link of this site to download the Resscan software and clinician guide to download the data to track progress. After a little trouble, I was able to download and install the software but cannot figure out how to download the data directly through the Cell modem or Wifi on the unit to the computer. My understanding was that the software supports this model and should be able to do this but the clinician guide and software does not indicate this anywhere. I had no problem initially setting up the machine to work with the myair website but that is inadequate to track how I am sleeping? Any help would be appreciated. Too-funny

Boris,

The wireless aspect of the Resmed Airsense 10 is cellular, very similar to how cellular attached alarm systems communicate to their monitoring stations. You cannot connect to that signal. The MyAir site receives feeds from that data - and yes, it's not very detailed.

There is an SD card that you can remove and insert into the SD slot in your laptop or by using a USB adapter to your PC. (location is #8 on page 3 of the Clinician Manual that you downloaded). The resscan software reads this data and provides you the advanced data concerning your sleep patterns with CPAP. If you are looking for a quick glance of your AHI fin the morning, just pop your device into clinician mode and get a better sleep status than a happy or frowny face.

Hope this helps you.

-Christopher
Post Reply Post Reply
So how does the Drs office supposed to get the data remotely and control the machines options remotely? I thought they access it through the cellular network somehow by downloading the data from the Resmed site?
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-06-2015, 01:17 AM)Borisb Wrote: So how does the Drs office supposed to get the data remotely and control the machines options remotely? I thought they access it through the cellular network somehow by downloading the data from the Resmed site?

To access your data through the cloud, they must be a subscriber to ResMed AirView: www<.>resmed<.>com/us/en/commercial-partner/products/monitoring-and-data-management/airview-patient-management-system.html

There's a registration if you'd like to find out the monthly charge for the different service components, but I'm sure that the inexpensive "use the SD card" approach is more attractive for those on a fixed budget. Let me know if you register and discover the rates per device on the AirView cloud solution...

Christopher

(Sorry, my post count <8.. so not able to directly link... drop the carats and it will work)
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-06-2015, 01:17 AM)Borisb Wrote: So how does the Drs office supposed to get the data remotely and control the machines options remotely? I thought they access it through the cellular network somehow by downloading the data from the Resmed site?

They do. They just dont give it to you Big Grin

The DME has a site to login to that is like MyAir, but with more info. They are supposed to set your Doctor up an account in their system, but they might not, and your Doc may not use it even if they did. Seems like it is our data and they should *have* to give us accounts - but it isnt like that (yet)
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
The SD card gives much more data than the wireless modem does.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-06-2015, 01:35 AM)archangle Wrote: The SD card gives much more data than the wireless modem does.

Well, I'm pretty sure that the cell phone modem does send all the data that's on the SD to Resmed. It's just that they seem to think the average user is some kind of simpleton and won't interpret the detailed data properly.

I know for a fact that my supplier can see ALL the data from the Resmed "cloud" site. The data displayed on the MyAir site will come from the same database but has been simplified in order not to "confuse" you.

But at least Resmed does provide software that will let you access the full data set from the SD card.

Sleepyhead is much better than ResScan though, IMH. Unfortunately it's support for the S10 models is only available in test builds which, on my machine anyway, have some problems with the graphics card.
Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply
My Dr was told to download ResScan to be able to see the data. He has to jump through some hoops to get it setup so not sure if he is going to do it but if he is using ResScan to access the data then I should be able to do the same via their cloud service. He did not tell me about any fees? I was told by the DME that the Airview download is not as comprehensive and maybe the SD card route gives the most data?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 52 1,362 8 hours ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  Resmed Airsense 10 time to return to low pressure setting jfchap 3 120 04-13-2024, 03:54 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 74 26,926 04-11-2024, 09:33 PM
Last Post: her.suit
  Extremely high CA readings on the ResMed Airsense 11 Soleil211 1 129 04-08-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] ResMed Autoset 11 Settings Optimization anker9000 0 129 04-02-2024, 11:34 AM
Last Post: anker9000
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 194 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 992 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.