Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset
RE: Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset
(02-06-2015, 02:34 PM)Borisb Wrote: My Dr was told to download ResScan to be able to see the data. He has to jump through some hoops to get it setup so not sure if he is going to do it but if he is using ResScan to access the data then I should be able to do the same via their cloud service. He did not tell me about any fees? I was told by the DME that the Airview download is not as comprehensive and maybe the SD card route gives the most data?

I'll go back to Arch's sig
"If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself."

Every DME that I've worked with in my short time with this is either intentionally misleading or completely ignorant of the product they are providing...choose your evil...

If I could online, buy my own equipment and justify to the insurance myself I'd be thrilled...

Christopher
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-06-2015, 01:55 PM)eseedhouse Wrote:
(02-06-2015, 01:35 AM)archangle Wrote: The SD card gives much more data than the wireless modem does.

Well, I'm pretty sure that the cell phone modem does send all the data that's on the SD to Resmed. It's just that they seem to think the average user is some kind of simpleton and won't interpret the detailed data properly.

I know for a fact that my supplier can see ALL the data from the Resmed "cloud" site. The data displayed on the MyAir site will come from the same database but has been simplified in order not to "confuse" you.

I believe you're wrong on this issue. The ResMed documentation I've seen indicates that the "high resolution" data, specifically airflow waveforms, are only available if you load the SD card. The DME CAN upload the high resolution data into their online database but he has to do it by putting the SD card into a computer running the appropriate ResMed software and uploading it.

I think I saw this on an online ResMed training video. It clearly indicated that you could only see the high resolution data if you loaded the SD card.

I suspect the system could be programmed to upload it all. The A10 machines can have their firmware updated wirelessly. There doesn't seem to be any good technical reason they couldn't do this. I expect it's a question of how much money they pay for data charges to the cell phone companies.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, detailed data only available on AirSense 10 SD card providing the machine is not "AirSense 10 CPAP" model Coffee
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-06-2015, 02:34 PM)Borisb Wrote: My Dr was told to download ResScan to be able to see the data. He has to jump through some hoops to get it setup so not sure if he is going to do it but if he is using ResScan to access the data then I should be able to do the same via their cloud service. He did not tell me about any fees? I was told by the DME that the Airview download is not as comprehensive and maybe the SD card route gives the most data?

Well, "should" is not "can", alas...I can agree with the "should" but can't do much about it.

ResScan won't download from the ResuMed database, but you can get all of the data off the card if you have an SD slot or reader. I suggest you download the version of SleepyHead that can read your card. Despite the problems it's graphs are much more detailed and useful than ResScan (though I don't have the latest release, admittedly).

Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply
Quote:Well, "should" is not "can", alas...I can agree with the "should" but can't do much about it.

ResScan won't download from the ResuMed database, but you can get all of the data off the card if you have an SD slot or reader. I suggest you download the version of SleepyHead that can read your card. Despite the problems it's graphs are much more detailed and useful than ResScan (though I don't have the latest release, admittedly).

Nothing preventing you from using all options...
  • on screen clinical sleep status
  • myAir
  • ResScan
  • Sleepy head

Just stay in tune with tyour therapy and you can make good decisions... right?

Christopher

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-06-2015, 03:38 PM)eseedhouse Wrote: I suggest you download the version of SleepyHead that can read your card. Despite the problems it's graphs are much more detailed and useful than ResScan (though I don't have the latest release, admittedly).

I like Sleepyhead better for some things and Rescan better for others. I agree that Sleepyhead is easier to use in some respects but the graphs are not much more detailed than Rescan. The doctors seem to prefer the Rescan Reports so it is useful from that respect. I personally use both.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-06-2015, 05:34 PM)Christopher72 Wrote: Nothing preventing you from using all options...
  • on screen clinical sleep status
  • myAir
  • ResScan
  • Sleepy head

A couple of questions:

I'm 6 nights into an Airsense 10 Autoset after using an S9 Autoset. My AHI with both machines is very low. 0.2 is typical. I've kind of lost interest in popping the SD card into my laptop because I have nothing to troubleshoot. With the S9, I was used to hitting the info button when I woke up to see my AHI as my sole feedback. I don't see a way to configure that on the 10. Where AHI used to be, it tells me to visit the ResMed myAir web page. Am I missing something?

The ResMed myAir web page claims the night's data should show up about an hour after I stop using the machine. The data shows up eventually but more like 4 or 5 hours afterwards. Is this typical?

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-15-2015, 10:41 PM)GeoffD Wrote: I'm 6 nights into an Airsense 10 Autoset after using an S9 Autoset. My AHI with both machines is very low. 0.2 is typical. I've kind of lost interest in popping the SD card into my laptop because I have nothing to troubleshoot. With the S9, I was used to hitting the info button when I woke up to see my AHI as my sole feedback. I don't see a way to configure that on the 10. Where AHI used to be, it tells me to visit the ResMed myAir web page. Am I missing something?
The sleep report pops up on the unit's front screen when you hit the stop button. The AHI is shown below the time used and is labeled "Events per Hour".

Quote:The ResMed myAir web page claims the night's data should show up about an hour after I stop using the machine. The data shows up eventually but more like 4 or 5 hours afterwards. Is this typical?

It would depend on when your machine's built in cell connection gets through to their server, and how busy their server is. There are a lot of machines out there and a lot of cell phone calls coming in. I always check mine shortly after noon local time, and it's never missed so far. Make sure your local time is set correctly - I had to reset the clock on mine, which you can do via the "clinical menu".

Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-16-2015, 12:04 AM)eseedhouse Wrote:
(02-15-2015, 10:41 PM)GeoffD Wrote: I'm 6 nights into an Airsense 10 Autoset after using an S9 Autoset. My AHI with both machines is very low. 0.2 is typical. I've kind of lost interest in popping the SD card into my laptop because I have nothing to troubleshoot. With the S9, I was used to hitting the info button when I woke up to see my AHI as my sole feedback. I don't see a way to configure that on the 10. Where AHI used to be, it tells me to visit the ResMed myAir web page. Am I missing something?
The sleep report pops up on the unit's front screen when you hit the stop button. The AHI is shown below the time used and is labeled "Events per Hour".
I see this:
[Image: 15926580654_a1d026b8a0_n.jpg]

If I fumble into the clinician menu, I see this:
[Image: 15928978293_809eb46008_n.jpg]

I want the AHI to be presented on the one-click "sleep report". On the S9, there was configuration to enable viewing it. I can't find it on the A10 clinician setup menus.

From the data, you can see that the machine is working great. I fell asleep in a recliner in the living room last night so I didn't get my usual 6-ish hours on the machine but I saw my usual AHI between 0 and 0.2. The sleep center measured me at 42 with an 80 blood oxygen

(02-16-2015, 12:04 AM)eseedhouse Wrote:
Quote:The ResMed myAir web page claims the night's data should show up about an hour after I stop using the machine. The data shows up eventually but more like 4 or 5 hours afterwards. Is this typical?

It would depend on when your machine's built in cell connection gets through to their server, and how busy their server is. There are a lot of machines out there and a lot of cell phone calls coming in. I always check mine shortly after noon local time, and it's never missed so far. Make sure your local time is set correctly - I had to reset the clock on mine, which you can do via the "clinical menu".

Cellular data is "always on". It doesn't have to make a phone call to transfer data. I presume there is a timer in the machine that controls when it initiates contact with a server at ResMed.com. There might be congestion issues on the server side as more A10 machines come into service.

I'm an immediate gratification kind of guy. I'd like to see my AHI number as soon as I wake up without needing to futz into Clinician mode to see it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well the regular report screen on my machine is just like the second picture in your message. The only thing I can think of that might work is to go into the clinician's menu and find the "Reset" item under the configuration menu and use that.

Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 52 1,353 7 hours ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  Resmed Airsense 10 time to return to low pressure setting jfchap 3 120 04-13-2024, 03:54 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 74 26,923 04-11-2024, 09:33 PM
Last Post: her.suit
  Extremely high CA readings on the ResMed Airsense 11 Soleil211 1 129 04-08-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] ResMed Autoset 11 Settings Optimization anker9000 0 129 04-02-2024, 11:34 AM
Last Post: anker9000
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 194 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 992 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.