Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment]  Resmed Airsense 10 versions help
Question 
Resmed Airsense 10 versions help
So tomorrow I am meeting with another DME and I would really like to go with a Resmed Airsense 10 machine but I am very confused. There seems to be a number of different models including the Her model.

I have read a number of reviews but being so new to the world of cpap I am just so confused on what each model is used for.could some one explain ?

Is it easy to tell them apart ? To make sure I get the right one ?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed Airsense 10 versions help
(01-01-2015, 10:00 PM)Simon Wrote: So tomorrow I am meeting with another DME and I would really like to go with a Resmed Airsense 10 machine but I am very confused. There seems to be a number of different models including the Her model.

I have read a number of reviews but being so new to the world of cpap I am just so confused on what each model is used for.could some one explain ?

Is it easy to tell them apart ? To make sure I get the right one ?

Go to there dot com and you can look at all there machines Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Without knowing what your sleep study results and your needs are there is not much anyone here could do except speculate and you can get that from the Res Med web page which explains
For free Medicare assistance for your state check out this page. http://www.seniorsresourceguide.com/dire...onal/SHIP/
or here http://www.medicareinteractive.org/
Post Reply Post Reply
G'day Simon

Do you have a prescription or the results of your sleep test? That is fundamental to knowing what type of machine you need. Assuming you have simple obstructive apnea with no complications, then the following Airsense machines are available:

Airsense 10 CPAP - http://www.resmed.com/au/en/healthcare-p...-cpap.html The bottom of the range. Single fixed pressure which provides compliance, AHI and leak data reporting. I wouldn't recommend this machine as it puts some stringent limits on how you can manage your therapy.

Airsense 10 Elite - http://www.resmed.com/au/en/healthcare-p...elite.html Still a fixed pressure machine, but with full data reporting. This is important to troubleshoot and fine tune your therapy.

Airsense 10 Autoset - http://www.resmed.com/au/en/healthcare-p...toset.html This is almost as good as it gets for obstructive apnea treatment. You can set a maximum and minimum pressure and the machine will adjust itself within that range to optimise your treatment. Fully data capable.

Airsense 10 Autoset for Her http://www.resmed.com/au/en/healthcare-p...r-her.html In a fetching shade of lilac Smile This machine has additional algorithms designed to better suit the female physiology. It also has even better data reporting than the straight Autoset. There's no reason a male can't use this machine - just so long as you don't mind the girly appearance.

Apart from the "for Her" all these machines look exactly the same but the model name is printed under the Airsense 10 label at the bottom right corner of the machine body. The two Autoset machines can be used as either variable pressure or fixed pressure - even if you don't need variable pressure now you might in future. Being auto-titrating they also perform a mini-sleep test every night seeking for an optimum pressure range. This has the advantage of keeping the pressure no higher than needed, which can be a distinct comfort factor.

From what I've read here, I believe the insurance codes are the same for the all these machines, so the DME will likely try to fob you off with the cheapest, as that's where they get the biggest margin. Whatever you do, don't let them force you into accepting the base CPAP. Best if you can hold out for an Autoset or Autoset-for-Her.

The other big consideration is the mask - this is the hardest part for most of us. Try several on and don't be shy about asking for a replacement if the one you purchase doesn't suit. If the mask is uncomfortable and / or leaks excessively then everything else is wasted.

Good luck - let us know how you get on.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Simon
The best way to learn about AirSense 10 is by going through the clinical manual, available via email from the link at the top of the page "CPAP Setups Manuals" .. Section three: ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet, AutoSet for Her, Elite & CPAP (combined manual)

There are 4 models
1- AirSense 10 CPAP ... basic machine ... avoid this model is recommended
2- AirSense 10 Elite .... fixed pressure machine and full data capable
3- AirSense 10 AutoSet ... AutoSet and Elite ... 2 machines in one ... full data capable

The above three models are charcoal in color and the model name printed just below "AirSense 10", water chamber side
[Image: AirSense10_AutoSet.jpg.CROP.thumbnail.453X343.png]

4- AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her ...full data capable and same as AirSense 10 AutoSet with extra "AutoSet for Her" mode and report RERA in all three modes. Easy to spot this machine by the grey color
[Image: AirSense10_AutoSet_for_Her.jpg.CROP.thum...53X343.png]

Given choice ... AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her is #1 choice ... easy peasy Coffee
Post Reply Post Reply
Deep breathing and Zonk, thank you very much for putting it in plain English much better than the official web site could put it, Sleep apnea is so new to me and I have so much reading to do but I so want to just get a better nights sleep. Right now I would just love a few hours of good sleep. I pretty much counted the days down for my sleep study I just can't wait to try and use a machine.

In terms of the mask I think that comes down to preferences and I guess I will just need to try a few and suck it and see , I hope I get to try a few on
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-02-2015, 01:01 AM)Simon Wrote: Deep breathing and Zonk, thank you very much for putting it in plain English much better than the official web site could put it,

You're welcome.

(01-02-2015, 01:01 AM)Simon Wrote: In terms of the mask I think that comes down to preferences

Yes, partly, but also for the shape of your face. Long face, round face, big / small nose, prominent cheekbones, square / round chin... they all make a difference to how the mask fits. You also have the options of nasal mask (just covers the nose), nasal pillows (two soft rubber prongs blow air directly into your nostrils), full face mask (covers nose and mouth) and total face mask (what it says). These all have their pluses and minuses, and people react quite differently to them. If possible, try a couple of different types to see which basic type suits you best. Then try different makes & models within that type. Remember, what feels quite OK in the shop might be totally different in bed.

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-01-2015, 10:54 PM)Mike1953 Wrote: Without knowing what your sleep study results and your needs are there is not much anyone here could do except speculate and you can get that from the Res Med web page which explains

Results came in that my AHI was still at 61 and that I would need a pressure of 14.
Is this the results you where talking about Mike ?
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-02-2015, 11:05 AM)Simon Wrote:
(01-01-2015, 10:54 PM)Mike1953 Wrote: Without knowing what your sleep study results and your needs are there is not much anyone here could do except speculate and you can get that from the Res Med web page which explains

Results came in that my AHI was still at 61 and that I would need a pressure of 14.

Also whether it is Obstructive Apnea, Central Apnea or mixed.....
Post Reply Post Reply

[/quote]

Also whether it is Obstructive Apnea, Central Apnea or mixed.....
[/quote]

I think it was obstructive apnea
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 26 494 3 hours ago
Last Post: Pawpri
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 70 25,847 Yesterday, 11:41 AM
Last Post: her.suit
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 621 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,634 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 25,839 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 230 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,202 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.