Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Resmed Airsense 11 Power off
Resmed Airsense 11 Power off
This may be a dumb question but how do you power down a ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset machine. On the S11 if I press and hold the "power" button it start the air flowing. On the ResMed S10 I could press and hold the power button for about 4 seconds and the machine would shut down. On the S11 it seems to only start and stop the air flow. On the S10 I would always power the unit off before removing the SD card or when I was packing it up to go on the road. It just seems to me that unplugging the unit is not the best way to turn off the power. I've looked in the user manual and the clinicians manual and I don't see any thing about powering off the machine. Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Tim
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed Airsense 11 Power off
What you are referring to on an A10 is the power saving mode. It minimized power to the SD card and the cellular modem (on the A10s that were equipped with one). To actually power down either model, you will need to disconnect the power cord.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed Airsense 11 Power off
Thank you for the info. I looked up the S10 and yes it does put it in low power /standby mode, I was unaware of this. I always though it was powering down the machine. It just strikes me that pulling the power plug is not the best way to power off a machine. I work with computers and I always try to encourage everyone to do an orderly shutdown and just figured the CPAP unit would be the same. Thanks for the clarification.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Suggested Settings Switching AirSense 10 CPAP to AirSense 11 APAP Rickyricardo 2 49 1 hour ago
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 53 1,433 7 hours ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  Remote power button? JohnKoz 8 114 11 hours ago
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Resmed Airsense 10 time to return to low pressure setting jfchap 3 133 04-13-2024, 03:54 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Equipment] Battery power source for ResMed machine MaskedOne 8 175 04-12-2024, 04:42 PM
Last Post: MaskedOne
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 74 26,986 04-11-2024, 09:33 PM
Last Post: her.suit
  Extremely high CA readings on the ResMed Airsense 11 Soleil211 1 135 04-08-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.