Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Resmed Airsense Auto S10 removing big brother
Resmed Airsense Auto S10 removing big brother
Hi,

I am Australian, been living in the US for the last 2 years, but I am heading back.

Last week I got a new CPAP machine, I had one when I was in Australia for about a month which I had to return when I left. The insurance company considered it a replacement so I don't have to meet the compliance requirements.

I am getting emails from big brother. I am moving back to Australia to live, and they are "detecting" my frequency. My plan is to see respiratory doctors etc in Australia and keep my now owned Resmed device. How do I stop big brother sending me emails about "non-compliance", eg they have no association as far as I am concerned with my treatment, they won't even be in the same country as me in about 2 days. They are using the u-sleep app. I know there is airplane mode, but that asks you every time you use the device if you want to switch it off. I just want a way of de-associating them with my CPAP machine permenantly. Is there a way?

Thanks,
Glenn
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed Airsense Auto S10 removing big brother
Resmed S-9? PR System One 560?

Probably not what you wanted to hear, but that would work and would be the least painful ....

One reason I am not a believer in the the S-10 units.

There was a post on opening the case and unhooking the wires to the transmitter - most folks seemed to be squeemish avbout voiding a warranty, but would an American unit still have a warranty in Aus?

Thread is at:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...toset+a+10

OMMOHY

Post Reply Post Reply
I just received my new S10 here in Australia, sourced from an internet supplier in the USA. The USA model has a different modem (CDMA type) to the Australian ones (G2) so it will not connect to the network here in Australia. (So no need to open the box and disable the modem, it just indicates no signal and everything else works fine.)
Post Reply Post Reply
Also keep it in Airplane mode.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks to everyone.

Mike sounds like the problem will just go away next week that's cool.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi glennawatson,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more responses to your post and much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
You could also put an email filter in place that would prevent you from receiving big brother's email.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I always give out throw away email addresses to such entities.
Either an AOL, Gmail, or Yahoo
(or, I might setup an alias to one of my personal emails. When I want a pest to go away, I just delete the alias.)
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-10-2015, 07:22 PM)justMongo Wrote: .......... When I want a pest to go away, I just delete the alias.)

Oh,,, Now I know why your emails keep coming back....

Post Reply Post Reply
Mike is correct.

The cell data modem in the USA version uses CDMA technology while the version in most of the rest of the world uses GSM. This makes the auto reporting fail when you cross the boarder. (The SD card still works.)

I just keep mine in "Airplane" mode all the time. It just takes an extra tap of the button as you turn it off.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 52 1,364 10 hours ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  Resmed Airsense 10 time to return to low pressure setting jfchap 3 126 04-13-2024, 03:54 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Regular vs Slimline Hose for Airsense 10 Auto IIII 27 7,630 04-12-2024, 02:13 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 74 26,927 04-11-2024, 09:33 PM
Last Post: her.suit
  Extremely high CA readings on the ResMed Airsense 11 Soleil211 1 129 04-08-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Resmed Aircurve 11 V-Auto URGENT HELP Keesh23 10 251 04-06-2024, 08:23 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 68,126 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.