Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Resmed Autosense 10 firmware
Resmed Autosense 10 firmware
I own a ResMed Autosense 10 machine (about 1 year old) and have a question about firmware updates. As I value my privacy I have the Airplane Mode set to On all of the time. My question is does anyone know how ResMed updates the machine firmware, if they do at all? If the machine updated via the cell network connection do they have a specific date the update is made available, or does the machine check in periodically to see if an update is available? Does the machine have to be registered with ResMed, or has the DME already registered the machine; and can the DME update the machine? The ResMed website has no information on this.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed Autosense 10 firmware
(01-07-2017, 11:36 AM)cjtaft01 Wrote: I own a ResMed Autosense 10 machine (about 1 year old) and have a question about firmware updates. As I value my privacy I have the Airplane Mode set to On all of the time. My question is does anyone know how ResMed updates the machine firmware, if they do at all? If the machine updated via the cell network connection do they have a specific date the update is made available, or does the machine check in periodically to see if an update is available? Does the machine have to be registered with ResMed, or has the DME already registered the machine; and can the DME update the machine? The ResMed website has no information on this.

Good question. Like you, I had airplane mode always-on for some time. Wondering about firmware updates, I turned it off some time ago and have paid (some) attention to the software version numbers that the machine reports. So far, I haven't seen any evidence of a firmware update being downloaded to the machine. As a data point, my machine isn't registered with anyone - I've never visited MyAir and the machine was not set up by the DME - it was set up by me,
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi cjtaft01,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for answers to your question.
Good luck to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I've had an Airsense 10 Autoset from their first introduction a few years ago. Maybe about six months in ResMed issued an over the air software update to correct an issue with the humidifier system. I actually noticed the software update in progress one night after I had pushed the start/stop button to end therapy and take a rest room break. It was still dark outside and I noticed the screen on the machine was at full brightness and was basically illuminating the room so I looked at the screen to see what was going on and found that the machine was in the process of doing an over the air software update. The update only took a couple minutes and I went into the "about" menu on the machine at which time I noticed that the software for the humidifier was now a newer software version number.

So yes the machines does update "over the air" thru the cellular network connection and this will occour after ending a therapy session so as not to interrupt your sleep/therapy session. I have also read somewhere that a DME might be able to place a software update on your SD card if you are unable to receive over the air updates for any reason such as no cellular coverage, as an example.

However my machine has never received a firmware update since it was new back in 2014 when they first came out, I am still running the original machine firmware (SX567-0205). So apparently ResMed has not felt it necessary to update the machine firmware even though later models of the Autoset models are running newer software versions that include the ability to detect and report RERA events, which mine does not do. So the only over the air updates I have received over the almost three year life of my machine has been the humidifier update and that was because of a known/identified issue with the system.

By the way I purchased my machine from a vendor with no DME support and never registered or used the My Air thing, so I got the humidifier update in March of 2015 regardless of the machine not being DME supported or registered with ResMed.
Post Reply Post Reply
If the wireless is turned on on your machine it will communicate with ResMed regardless of whether you've registered for My Air or with a DME. I just leave it on because I simply don't care who looks at my graphs. If someone out there in snooping land wants to look at my detailed data or AHI have at it.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-08-2017, 11:52 AM)sonicboom Wrote: If the wireless is turned on on your machine it will communicate with ResMed regardless of whether you've registered for My Air or with a DME.

I am not sure this is correct: all three Resmed Airsense 10 machines I had were showing no GSM activity (greyed out signal bar), until I registered the machines with My Air...

I keep mine in flight mode most of the time, as I am not sure having a mobile phone closed to your head the entire night is necessarily good for you (particularly if GSM/cell network signal is poor, and device has to increase its broadcast signal)
Post Reply Post Reply
As far as I know registering with MyAir is optional and others have received updates in the past without being on MyAir. Therefore, it cannot be a requirement.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Has anybody received a firmware update recently, on a new machine?

From what I have read, it looks like some updates were pushed when the Airsense 10 model was new, 2 years ago, probably to fix some initial bugs.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just got a new A10 Auto for Her last week. Fyi - My sw version is SX567-0306 and the manufactured date is 2016. My SN begins with 2316...
Post Reply Post Reply
All,

A bit late in responding to my post. Thanks to all who responded. oneeyedrifter provided his firmware revision # ending in -0306. Mine is ending in -0302 (my machine was purchased late 2015), so I'm turning the Airplane Mode to Off and leave it for a few days and see if any change occurs. My machine S/N, leading numbers are different than oneeyedrifter's but I'll see if that makes a difference.

I'll keep you updated in a more timely manner.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ReMed Airsense software/firmware Ralph436 22 1,081 01-23-2024, 11:55 AM
Last Post: george1945
  [Equipment] Airsense 11 Firmware Update 4600.10.7 hobbycamguy 4 558 01-15-2024, 07:29 PM
Last Post: hobbycamguy
  Resmed 37028 Autosense Whines SleepHungry 18 911 11-24-2023, 01:54 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
Question [Equipment] Last airsense autoset firmware? logart89 0 528 05-11-2023, 12:12 PM
Last Post: logart89
  Power connector on Resmed 11 Autosense mzipp 4 569 03-04-2023, 12:30 PM
Last Post: sauerkraut
  Air leak issues with Resmed Autosense 10 Connaisance 0 462 02-18-2023, 06:15 AM
Last Post: Connaisance
  ResMed AirSense 11 Autoset firmware upgrade? Tomislav 6 2,718 01-05-2023, 10:32 AM
Last Post: Tomislav

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.