Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Resmed Autosense 10 firmware
RE: Resmed Autosense 10 firmware
(01-07-2017, 11:36 AM)cjtaft01 Wrote: I own a ResMed Autosense 10 machine (about 1 year old) and have a question about firmware updates. As I value my privacy I have the Airplane Mode set to On all of the time. My question is does anyone know how ResMed updates the machine firmware, if they do at all? If the machine updated via the cell network connection do they have a specific date the update is made available, or does the machine check in periodically to see if an update is available? Does the machine have to be registered with ResMed, or has the DME already registered the machine; and can the DME update the machine? The ResMed website has no information on this.

i thought the manual said that when the display was blinking they were updating

so it has to be remotely via the cell phone link
Post Reply Post Reply
If Airplane mode is off all of the time, you will not be able to receive updates.
Plus I'm fairly certain that you should have to registered with My Air.

Others that use that machine may be able to confirm.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
If it is typical ResMed, you'd need to have airplane mode off and have some form of connection to them (i.e. My Air). If you're connected to a DME, sometimes they can also push firmware updates, depending on the set-up (again, you'd have to be off of airplane mode).
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
All,
A report on the firmware update test. I left my machine with Airplane Mode turned off for about a month. There was no change in the firmware version. So either ResMed doesn't do updates, their servers are very lax in updating, or their machine code doesn't require updates to any extent. I do find that some machines that were listed in this thread had a different version number. Perhaps this is due to different mfr's of the internal hardware.

Again, thanks for all the responses.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ReMed Airsense software/firmware Ralph436 22 1,126 01-23-2024, 11:55 AM
Last Post: george1945
  [Equipment] Airsense 11 Firmware Update 4600.10.7 hobbycamguy 4 580 01-15-2024, 07:29 PM
Last Post: hobbycamguy
  Resmed 37028 Autosense Whines SleepHungry 18 936 11-24-2023, 01:54 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
Question [Equipment] Last airsense autoset firmware? logart89 0 539 05-11-2023, 12:12 PM
Last Post: logart89
  Power connector on Resmed 11 Autosense mzipp 4 580 03-04-2023, 12:30 PM
Last Post: sauerkraut
  Air leak issues with Resmed Autosense 10 Connaisance 0 466 02-18-2023, 06:15 AM
Last Post: Connaisance
  ResMed AirSense 11 Autoset firmware upgrade? Tomislav 6 2,732 01-05-2023, 10:32 AM
Last Post: Tomislav

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.