Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Resmed ClimateLine repair?
Resmed ClimateLine repair?
Hi, my ClimateLine tube has developed a small split near the top (mask end). Has anyone attempted to repair these, e.g. with some silicon or similar?

[Image: 20220814_063908.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed ClimateLine repair?
A quick fix would be to use electrical tape. Electrical tape closely matches the flexibility of the hose. Based on its location, it may not work as usual. Usually you need to tape about 20 mm on each side of the tear for a good seal.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have heard of people using electrical tape with food grade silicone sealant.  But TBH I think it's time for a new one.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Even if you do manage to repair it, it looks like it's at the end of its useful life. CPAP hoses are designed to last three months.
Sleepster

Post Reply Post Reply
looking at the wear and tear of your hose every part of me is trying to tell you "Damn it! get a new hose" ;-)
Post Reply Post Reply
Had the same problem and wasn't able to repair the tube. Just get a new one.

Mike
Post Reply Post Reply
Many thanks everyone - very useful info - much appreciated. The reason I'm holding out on buying a new tube is that I'm planning on replacing my S9 with a S11 when it becomes available later this year here in Australia. I have a spare tube, which I'm using now and is working fine. Hopefully it lasts until the machine is replaced, if not I'll try one of the fixes suggested.
Post Reply Post Reply
Because it is so close to the fitting, it's going to be difficult to get a good seal. There is special pipe wrap used in plumbing which sticks to itself, so it can be applied to a wet pipe! Usually black and very stretchy, you stretch wrap it around a plumbing pipe a couple of times and it will seal itself. I think you would have to extend the tape over the fitting as you don't have much area on the tube to make the seal.
This will be awkward if the tube bends right at the fitting; You might have to reverse the tube so it doesn't bend as much.
However, I would want to put a small cover over the slit first to control any odors.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-16-2022, 03:52 AM)jeffparker Wrote: "I have a spare tube, which I'm using now and is working fine."

^ Good to know you have a spare. This is much more preferable than trying to repair the older hose.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResMed AirSense 11 + ClimateLine 11 Heated Tubing + Oxygen YankeeLaker 2 355 01-22-2024, 08:17 PM
Last Post: YankeeLaker
  [Equipment] resmed apap repair sleeper2460 4 513 11-24-2023, 11:58 AM
Last Post: Nightynite
  ClimateLine tubing Palmtrees 20 2,076 11-03-2023, 05:33 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Airsense 11 and climateline o2 Teeleidor 5 549 09-26-2023, 09:32 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Constantly Rainout with Climateline all of a sudden, help? tierdal 6 757 09-21-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Lucky7
Money [CPAP] Repair Z1 or purchase Pilot-24 Lite Battery CJH1968 3 595 08-13-2023, 08:10 AM
Last Post: sauerkraut
  Internal cpap repair parts mzipp 8 5,581 08-10-2023, 05:29 PM
Last Post: sms832

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.