Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Resmed N20 Nasal mask
Gross 
Resmed N20 Nasal mask
I have been using the Resmed N20 mask for a week and achieved low AHI readings however it rides up on my nose and has broken the skin just below the nostrils. Has anyone experienced this and have they got a cure that stops the mask from rising?
Manor217
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed N20 Nasal mask
You might try a bit of moleskin attached to the mask to reduce the friction.

I use a full face mask as I am a mouth breather.

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Been
Thanks for the comment, will give it a go. I am also a mount breather at time so I use paper tape to keep my mouth closed. I know it is not ideal, but sleep on my side and move around so have had no success with several full face masks.
Manot217
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi 217manor,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
The mask is the hardest part of this therapy, so don't be shy about trying different ones, 'till you find the one that works for you.
Good luck to you on your CPAP journey.

trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
if it rubs your nostrils off throw it out.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi, I have tried about six to eight different masks from full face to nasal to nasal pillows, it looks like I will settle on the resumed S 20, not perfect but it does give me low AHi readings with little leakage.
Regards
217manor
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the comment, but I believe I have solved this problem. I feel that at this stage I can only try so many different masks, it does become confusing. I think I will settle on the N20 for now and see how it goes over the next few months.
217manor
Post Reply Post Reply
Manor, what was your final solution for the nose rubbing. I am new, just a bit over a week using the N10 Nasal Mask. I really like it however my nose is getting punished. I have been using Lanolin cream on my nose for comfort. I think it works a bit but it still irritates, just not as bad without it. I have the P10 Pillows on the way and will give them a shot. Maybe it does not make contact between the nostrils like the N10.

In regards to the N10, after inspecting, there appears to be the really soft outer membrane on the bottom but inside there is another "flange" or "tab" that is a just a little harder. I am thinking this is what is rubbing my nose. I wonder if I trimmed this back it would help but don't want to damage the integrity of the mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi, I have finally settled on the F&P Eason2 nasal mask. It fits well and does not cause any soreness or irritation on my nose.
Hope this helps you.
Manor217 like
Post Reply Post Reply
Did you try the Respironics Wisp? Lots of size options, minimal rubbing, no dislodging when rolling side to side. Love mine.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How can I rectify skin breakage from nasal mask? evenflow 2 99 03-20-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Nasal irrigation sleepingbetterinFl 8 322 03-11-2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  How can I tell if my mouth is open with a nasal mask while I sleep? evenflow 15 1,079 03-08-2024, 09:55 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Mask(s) to use after nasal surgery? Wonderlight 17 4,224 03-08-2024, 05:42 PM
Last Post: DoubtFire61
  Resmed P30i Nasal Pillow Fix cjtownsend1 1 265 02-25-2024, 10:02 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Using DreamWisp Nasal Mask With ResMed AirSense 11 Avign0n323 2 339 01-31-2024, 01:17 PM
Last Post: Avign0n323
  Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask Leak Question fuzz 2 484 01-25-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: fuzz

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.