Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Resmed N30i
RE: Resmed N30i
(11-22-2018, 07:21 AM)djont57 Wrote: Yes, it includes everything plus 3 sizes of nasal cushions.

thanks on confirmation Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-22-2018, 10:05 AM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote:
(11-22-2018, 07:21 AM)djont57 Wrote: Yes, it includes everything plus 3 sizes of nasal cushions.

thanks on confirmation  Coffee

Permission to revisit: If a DME says similar to this on supplying the mask kit "we'll fit you for the right size", IMO that indicates the DME intends to "break up" the manufacturer's kit and just supply me with A cushion and resell the others.

Does my assessment seem right? And what are your feelings or intended actions if this were you? As in would you accept that or try getting the real, full kit? I am leaning to not accepting anything but an unopened/unchanged FULL ResMed mask kit.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I would vote for the full kit; I am kinda between sizes & have tried different sizes for a few nights at a time to see what works best.
Post Reply Post Reply
Copy and thanks.

IMO I wouldn't really be able to assess fit and mask adjustment unless under pressure. Not sure the DME setting would work well to assess this. Heavy leaning towards not accepting this break up of a kit.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-02-2018, 10:36 AM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Heavy leaning towards not accepting this break up of a kit.

Absolutely correct. Don't accept it. Insist on the full kit, with all nosepieces, user's guide, and sizing chart if any. Not only do you need the sizes, but that's what they'll be billing your insurer for and anything less is an obvious rip-off.

Part of the problem has nothing to do with profiteering by the DME; it has to do with control-freakiness on the part of the RTs. Again it's the old "Ve vill decide vhat is best for you!" Because you are merely the patient and therefore you know nothing.

If the RT gets all bent out of shape, ask him or her to whip out a manometer and adjust the pressure on your Sullivan/Resmed S6, please & thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-02-2018, 10:40 AM)Fats Drywaller Wrote:
(12-02-2018, 10:36 AM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Heavy leaning towards not accepting this break up of a kit.

Absolutely correct.  Don't accept it.  Insist on the full kit, with all nosepieces, user's guide, and sizing chart if any.  Not only do you need the sizes, but that's what they'll be billing your insurer for and anything less is an obvious rip-off.

Thanks for confirmation. My sentiment exactly same.
Post Reply Post Reply
Oops, I was editing afterward (a bad habit, I admit) while you were replying, so see my reply again for more about DMEs. But if your RT is actually human, then congratulations and you're lucky.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, saw the full edited reply. I'd have my doubts Apria RT even works my case anymore. Maybe that's actually a good thing but IDK.

Honeymoon over as we're mid-contract; AKA not answering email about things like this. I am waiting to hear this while on listening to hold music "The answer, my friend, is blowin' in the wind". (Bob Dylan or Peter, Paul, and Mary version I'd assume) Too-funny

Generic CS is only "reliable" contact now. And that's iffy too. Depending on the day/time, CS may be out of country support that doesn't speak English as first language and has difficulty understanding my questions.
Post Reply Post Reply
Nick t:

Post# 20. I received my N30i, beginning of December. Last week I asked info on replacement parts & was told that they were out off N30i & waiting for the Resmed order, that they didn't know went they would have it( new product -too much demand) Just checked & it seems like they took the N30i off the website.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-19-2018, 07:37 PM)snorybob Wrote: Nick t:

Post# 20. I received my N30i, beginning of December. Last week I asked info on replacement parts & was told that they were out off N30i & waiting for the Resmed order, that they didn't know went they would have it( new product -too much demand) Just checked & it seems like they took the N30i off the website.

CAD$119.90 at MonsterCPAP.

Dave
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResMed Airsense N30i elbow leaking? Elton525 2 409 02-13-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: Elton525
Question Any tips to stop strap riding up on N30i mask BobbieM 37 6,828 02-08-2024, 06:25 PM
Last Post: stevew168
Question [Equipment] N30i / P30i pillow attachment fail glomph 2 371 01-09-2024, 09:10 PM
Last Post: glomph
  [Equipment] Resmed N30i/P30i headgear sleeve issues Himrent 1 451 11-23-2023, 02:22 PM
Last Post: Dog Slobber
  Airhunger only with nasal masks Airfit P30i & N30i sleepymum81 8 1,150 09-27-2023, 01:22 AM
Last Post: enjoysleep59
Wink Replacing filter fiber in N30i and P30i QuietAir vents - possible! PurpleOx 2 3,287 08-16-2023, 02:58 PM
Last Post: Konomoose
  Resmed N30i newer pillow mogulman 9 1,696 07-26-2023, 01:33 PM
Last Post: yankees123

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.