Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Resmed Quattro Air Strap Problem
Resmed Quattro Air Strap Problem
Hello guys! I'm new to the board and this is my first post on this forum, so hello to all of you guys! Smile So, this mask gives me really bad neck strain and doesn't ever let me really fall asleep! I think it may be mostly because of the bottom strap that goes just beneath the base of the skull! Are there any full face masks out there that have a different strap setup? One that doesn't have that bottom strap? Or any ways I can rig this to be more comfortable? Thanks in advance for your answers! Glad to be a part of this forum! Big Grin
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed Quattro Air Strap Problem
I put a thick sock under that strap to distribute the pressure over a wider area, works like a charm. Also works to stop chaffing of your neck.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-06-2014, 06:24 AM)Mike Nova Wrote: I put a thick sock under that strap to distribute the pressure over a wider area, works like a charm. Also works to stop chaffing of your neck.
Hi Mike Nova,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Glad you found a solution to make your mask work better for you.
Best of luck to you as you continue your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi H4, welcome to the site!

Check out the various "youtube" videos on how to adjust your mask. I suspect it is simply too tight at the bottom strap. You might also investigate mask liners (from Remzzzz, or Pad-a-cheek) that can help control leakage allowing your mask to not be strapped down so tight. If all else fails, get with your supplier and ask about a trial of a nasal or pillows mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
I had the same exact problem (but I also had an arterial dissection at the base of my skull in progress, so how much of it was the strap, and how much of it was my blood vessel ripping itself apart, hard to say...). I just cut the straps the hold the two bands to one another, now I can move them independently, and it has had no impact on my mask seal, etc...
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you all for your responses! Does that really work Mike Nova? I heard of people doing that and they swear that it does, it works?
Post Reply Post Reply
Maybe the strap is too big for your head if it's as low as your ears? A smaller head strap might fit you better.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,558 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 19 26,327 03-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Ailyhsaun
  Update on Stats After Constant Use of Knightsbridge Chin Strap cmpman1974 6 365 03-01-2024, 05:47 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  Life with Knightsbridge Dual Band Chin Strap cmpman1974 21 2,104 02-29-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Columbiabill
  Are these flow limits my problem? k888 87 5,465 02-26-2024, 12:02 PM
Last Post: k888
  [Treatment] Are leaks the problem or do I need BIPAP? TiredDude 3 331 02-22-2024, 07:52 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question Any tips to stop strap riding up on N30i mask BobbieM 37 6,537 02-08-2024, 06:25 PM
Last Post: stevew168

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.