Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Resmed S-9 power supply
Resmed S-9 power supply
Recently lost power supply in London England while travelling.  Researching 110/240 volt travel surge suppressors with limited success for my resumed s-9. Would prefer a device with a high joule rating and compact. I have all necessary adapters and a back up battery.  Basically if you are travelling and your power supply blows you may be out of luck.  I got lucky and was able to source another power supply quickly but it was a rather stressful experience. Hotel room outlets are overused and not the best. Any one else have problems or possible solutions when traveling?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed S-9 power supply
When you say you "lost" your power supply do you mean it blew out due to a power surge?

Any surge protector should work, I don't see why you'd need one specifically designed for use with a CPAP machine.

Your backup plan might be to charge your battery pack during the day and use it to run your CPAP machine at night.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Travellingcpap,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more answers to your question.
Good luck with CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I am looking for a surge protector rated for 110/240 volts with a high joule rating for international travel.  Not just any surge protector will do such as 110 volt because my machine and power supply would go up in smoke. I am not sure why my power supply failed. Once the power supply fails the battery is useless as it charges through the power supply.  Other than carry a spare or a resmed dealer.  Hotel room outlets suck. Probably a rare  occurrence and maybe I worry to much
Post Reply Post Reply
I have yet to have any supplier including cpap companies give me reliable anwsers.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-21-2017, 09:55 PM)Travellingcpap Wrote: I am looking for a surge protector rated for 110/240 volts with a high joule rating for international travel.

Did you look on Amazon? I just did a quick search and found lots of them. Of course, I don't know how many joules it is you're looking for, but the first one I saw that's portable is 600 J.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Transcend (Somnetics) Micro Power Plug Size SteadyState 6 1,787 03-25-2024, 01:14 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
  Airsence 10 Date Resets after Power Outrage Khayyam Qaiser 2 228 01-26-2024, 12:12 PM
Last Post: Khayyam Qaiser
  Philips Respironics DreamStation check power Steve Foley 18 22,402 01-07-2024, 02:09 PM
Last Post: zebedee
  AirSense 10. Power cable broke on air tube connecting ring. Ruhtra 1 403 11-18-2023, 02:29 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  AirCurve power problem Shamus54 10 979 10-30-2023, 07:13 PM
Last Post: Shamus54
  Resmed Airsense 11 blowing full power with no leaks bcodemz 2 870 10-29-2023, 07:57 PM
Last Post: bcodemz
  [Equipment] Portable Backup Power for Outages Craige 4 565 10-29-2023, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Craige

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.