Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Resmed S10 Controlled by Supplier via modem
Question 
Resmed S10 Controlled by Supplier via modem
I finally got my machine today, ResMed Airsense 10 CPAP. The clinician from the supplier tells me there is a modem in this thing and they can monitor/set it up remotely. Also all my data gets transmitted to them.

I am ok with the data transmission, as I don't have to fool with the SD card and the doctor gets my info in real time.

My concern is, if I adjust the pressure, do you know if they can override this? Will a red flag go up? Will they reset the machine without my knowledge? Is there any way I can stop big brother?

If anyone has any experience with this machine, and the 'modem' feature, any thoughts you might have would be appreciated
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed S10 Controlled by Supplier via modem
If it’s really an Airsense 10 CPAP then it’s a brick the only data it has is very basic Compliancy data only

Please read our wiki about machines..

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ne_choices
Post Reply Post Reply
The Resmed S10 can be controlled from the doctors office or suppliers office.
As far as I can tell the machine transmits current settings and usage data to Resmed after about an hour of idleness.
If you have an SD card installed settings changes will be logged(the OSCAR software displays settings changes).
Post Reply Post Reply
Unfortunately your Resmed S9 Elite was a better machine for data than an Airsense 10 CPAP. If you have the Airsense 10 Elite then you can get data. If you don’t, take the 10 CPAP back and tell them you want the same level of machine you had before, which is a 10 Elite.

If you have, or can get an Elite, then follow the advice above and buy an SD card, download OSCAR, so you will have data to support your changes over anything they try to do remotely.

Personally I like Rescan when dealing with people in the industry as it puts them on the defensive from saying that any other software is not accurate.

John
Post Reply Post Reply
If your machine has Airplane Mode, you can use that to keep them out.
Post Reply Post Reply
Take it back and demand an Auto. Someone more knowledgeable about this than me will tell you about insurance codes which should allow you to do this. Basically they've given you the cheapest piece of crap on the market but will receive the same amount of your insurance dollar that an Auto Machine would give you.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just saying...

As far as I can determine, the data is transmitted to ResMed and kept in a research database.

The database is queried mostly by the DME to ensure compliance with the insurance payor.

If your doctor uses the professional version of ResMed's software, they can access the data and set the machine if necessary. I do not believe there is a data-flagging option that will send push notifications to the database or the doctor when you manually change the settings. In most cases, if the doctor is following you closely, they wiill request the more complete data from the SD card.

In the years I have had ResMed machines with this remote capability, it has never been used by the doctor, only the DME to check compliance.

Of course, a limited subset of the data is accessible through myAir for informational/motivational purposes only.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,593 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1
Angry Former CPAP supplier over charging Bwanajohn51 2 168 03-16-2024, 11:13 AM
Last Post: Bwanajohn51
  [Equipment] Replacement Cellular Modem DMAllen 18 5,795 02-25-2024, 05:36 AM
Last Post: Neo2020
  Does my ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto have a modem? Morseman 4 261 02-05-2024, 05:32 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 modem/provider mystery richapple 4 566 12-22-2023, 09:33 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  GRRR. DME supplier shipped ClimateLineAir Heated Tubing in a BAG DaveInDenver 4 545 11-12-2023, 10:32 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  de-activate modem dreamstation2 advanced The Rog 0 356 10-18-2023, 12:45 AM
Last Post: The Rog

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.