Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Resmed S8 Autoset Spirit
Hi andyjh64,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I would skip the smartcard reader for the old machine and put the money toward a mew fully data-capable machine.
Supplier #2 here on the board sells gently used or open-box machinesfor great prices from what I have read.
You could always keep the S8 for a backup since it is still running. and if your ship ever comes in, you could get the cardreader for it, (Ha-Ha.)
Good luck to you on your decision.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-29-2013, 07:43 AM)andyjh64 Wrote: Just wondering if I can get hold of a decent secondhand S9 somewhere.
Supplier #2
You don,t want any S9 with Escape in the name such as S9 Escape or S9 Escape Auto
S9 Autoset and S9 Elite are data capable machines, in US the Autoset just few dollars more than Elite

Also check Gumtree (something like craigslist in US) ads in your area

Edit: as far as I know, supplier#2 and Supplier #10 are the only suppliers ship ResMed and Respironcis products outside US and not bound by manufactures policy which prohibit the sales of their products to overseas buyers

In Australia, CPAP GST exempt but might be some tax paid for orders above $1000

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-29-2013, 12:49 AM)andyjh64 Wrote: Paptillian I did replace the mask cushion not too long ago but yes I think it might be time to replace the whole mask. These components are so expensive though, I just haven't decided whether to do it or just invest in a more up to date machine.

The mask and the machine are two completely independent items. Just because you get a new machine does not mean you need a new mask, and vice versa. A new machine will not function well with a poor mask, just as a good mask will not help a poor machine.

Assuming you are not unhappy with your mask, there is no real need to get a new mask if it still works. As far as I know, mask bodies don't wear out, they simply break. So if the body is still fine, simply replacing the mask cushions (and possibly the strap) is all that is required. And those can be ordered off the Internet without a prescription.
Post Reply Post Reply

Thanks for all your input guys, I really appreciate it

Things have moved on a bit for me in that I managed to get into the clinical menu for my machine to obtain some of the data that I wanted. A week's worth of data yielded the following results: -

AHI - 8.6
AI - 0.5
HI -8.5

It seems the machine is still doing a good job of almost eliminating the apnea attacks (I was in the moderate range pre-CPAP) but I'm wondering if I should be concerned about the significantly higher rate of hypopneas. Without using the software obviously I can't determine exactly when these events are occurring, but should I think about increasing my pressures to reduce them further? Incidently my current pressure range is 7.6 -13, not as originally stated in my profile.

Thanks again for your help Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Whats leak and 95% pressure?

Leak above 0.4 L/s (24 L/min) affect accuracy of data
Increase the minimum pressure might help if the hypopnea are obstructive events. S8 autoset increase pressure in response to snoring and flow limitation but not to apnea above 10 to avoid falsely responding to central hyponea

S9 autoset can distinguish between obstructive and central events and respond appropriately

FYI, the cliniacl manual available via email http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual

S8 setup video http://vimeo.com/19565675
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Zonk I will check that other data. I think the leak was 0.5 L/s
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Resmed Autoset 10 Rain Out nicholb 9 403 07-12-2017, 03:28 PM
Last Post: Tess
Question Possible for resmed airsense 10 autoset/Sleepyhead to report false 0.0 AHI? pcplus2 4 456 04-27-2017, 05:47 PM
Last Post: dwd1249
  [Equipment] ResMed Autoset II w/EPR and humidifier -ERROR thisazlife 2 355 04-12-2017, 03:29 PM
Last Post: thisazlife
  ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset thisazlife 6 592 04-12-2017, 11:43 AM
Last Post: sonicboom
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet APAP vs ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet For Her SingerWang 11 913 04-04-2017, 12:07 AM
Last Post: JamesW
  [CPAP] Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset - Need advanced help... Kayak18 10 598 03-24-2017, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Smile Q: ResMed CPAP S9 AutoSet vs. VPAP ST ??? dubli 16 4,529 03-20-2017, 10:10 PM
Last Post: Frieda