Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Resmed S9 Elite SD card
Question 
Resmed S9 Elite SD card
Hi all.
I've been using the Resmed S9 Elite for about 6 weeks now. Whenever I unplug and then reconnect power, the display reads "no SD card." With the machine unplugged, I remove the SD card, insert it into my computer, and start the Rescan and/or Sleepyhead software. Both programs give a message "no data on SD card"" (or something like that). My file browser also indicates that there is no data on the card. Note the card has been in the S9 during the six weeks of use, and the card is not write protected.
The people who provided the machine (Apria) told me that my machine will not save data to the card! The machine came with a modem that successfully transmitted data during the compliance period.
Is there a setting on the S9 elite that could be affecting it's inability to write data to the SD card. I've reviewed the clinical setup manual, and couldn't identify a setting to "turn off" recording to the SD card.
I would like to be able to track my progress using the aforementioned software. Any help with this is very much appreciated.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed S9 Elite SD card
Sounds like it might be a bad SD card. They do go bad sometimes. They're cheap - get a new one online for less than $8 or so for a 2 or 4 GB SD card, which is all you'll need.. Pretty sure that Apria is wrong about it not writing data to the card.

If you're already through with the compliance period, no harm in getting a new card to see if that's the issue.
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-21-2013, 09:22 AM)pstoloff Wrote: Hi all.
I've been using the Resmed S9 Elite for about 6 weeks now. Whenever I unplug and then reconnect power, the display reads "no SD card." With the machine unplugged, I remove the SD card, insert it into my computer, and start the Rescan and/or Sleepyhead software. Both programs give a message "no data on SD card"" (or something like that).
Make sure when push SD card into the machine, it clicks and "Reading SD card" message display on the screen and disappear after few seconds also check "Sleep Quality" set to ON

If you've already done that and still no data on the card ... as SuperSleeper suggested get a new card

Data on machine/SD card
http://www.s9morecomfort.com/s9morecomfo...ement.html

Post Reply Post Reply
Would the machine read the SD card or be able to write to it if the card is locked? I am new at this and have been trying to learn the process to read my data all day today.
Post Reply Post Reply
My understanding of the lock switch on an SD card is that the switch itself does not do anything in the card. The card reader is supposed to key off of it (via a switch inside the reader) to know whether or not to write-protect the card. Thus, non-compliant card readers can totally ignore the write protection.

If the switch has broken or fallen off, you can cover the slot on the SD card with tape.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-21-2013, 04:57 PM)Quahaug Wrote: Would the machine read the SD card or be able to write to it if the card is locked?
Hi Quahaug and welcome to the board
In this case the machine would not start with the card in locked position and display some message on the screen to remove and unlock the card

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-21-2013, 09:22 AM)pstoloff Wrote: Hi all.
I've been using the Resmed S9 Elite for about 6 weeks now. Whenever I unplug and then reconnect power, the display reads "no SD card." With the machine unplugged, I remove the SD card, insert it into my computer, and start the Rescan and/or Sleepyhead software. Both programs give a message "no data on SD card"" (or something like that). My file browser also indicates that there is no data on the card. Note the card has been in the S9 during the six weeks of use, and the card is not write protected.
The people who provided the machine (Apria) told me that my machine will not save data to the card! The machine came with a modem that successfully transmitted data during the compliance period.
Is there a setting on the S9 elite that could be affecting it's inability to write data to the SD card. I've reviewed the clinical setup manual, and couldn't identify a setting to "turn off" recording to the SD card.
I would like to be able to track my progress using the aforementioned software. Any help with this is very much appreciated.

I tested the card by writing a file to it on my computer. It read OK. I then erased the file, and inserted it into the (powered off) Resmed S9. When I powered it on, I got a message "no SD card." I repeated the process with a new card. Same result.
The supplier of the machine (Apria) told me that my particular machine will not recognize an SD card. The machine appears to be a standard, off the shelf, Resmed S9 Elite. Any ideas how set the machine up to recognize and write to an SD card?
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-21-2013, 06:20 PM)pstoloff Wrote: I tested the card by writing a file to it on my computer. It read OK. I then erased the file, and inserted it into the (powered off) Resmed S9. When I powered it on, I got a message "no SD card." I repeated the process with a new card. Same result.
The supplier of the machine (Apria) told me that my particular machine will not recognize an SD card. The machine appears to be a standard, off the shelf, Resmed S9 Elite. Any ideas how set the machine up to recognize and write to an SD card?
Sound to me the machine is faulty and should be replaced
Faulty spring in the SD card slot (when card inserted, it clicks and "Reading SD card" message appear on the screen)

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-21-2013, 06:20 PM)pstoloff Wrote: The supplier of the machine (Apria) told me that my particular machine will not recognize an SD card. The machine appears to be a standard, off the shelf, Resmed S9 Elite. Any ideas how set the machine up to recognize and write to an SD card?

Sounds to me like Apria is pulling shenanigans here. All S9 Elites are data-capable and designed to have an SD card reader that works, so both you and your doctor can review the data the machine collects. It's not designed to be "disabled".

I'd be willing to bet that Apira had a used malfunctioning S9 turned in by another patient because the SD card reader didn't work, so to get rid of the problem, they just gave you the faulty machine and told you, "sorry, your particular machine will not recognise an SD card" to make you think it was designed that way.

I'd take the machine back to them and tell them you want a complete, working new S9 Elite and that you know that the SD card is supposed to work and that they were lying to you before. If they refuse, tell them that you will be reporting them to the insurance company and your state board of insurance for insurance fraud (assuming you got the machine using health insurance or Medicare).

Check the machine's hours of use to see if it adds up correctly to the same number of hours you've used the machine. That might reveal that the machine was used previously by another patient. See this thread about how to do that.

DMEs (Durable Medical Equipment suppliers) lie all the time. It's nearly standard operating procedure in the U.S. Sad but true. It's why you hear a lot of us arund here refer to the system as the "Medical Mafia".

Sad
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Not using water in AirSense 10 Elite Nishimark 2 95 03-21-2024, 12:47 AM
Last Post: Nishimark
  [CPAP] Res Med S9 Elite bikerfriend 3 100 03-14-2024, 09:41 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  ResMed 10 Card-to-Cloud: no cellular device NelsonM 20 3,042 03-14-2024, 10:08 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 229 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168
Question ResMed AirSense 10 SD Card reuse? uselessdetails 3 414 02-16-2024, 02:51 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  [Equipment] Resmed Airsense 11 SD Card? Dawg 1 259 02-11-2024, 09:01 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Resmed airsense 10 auto set card to cloud chronic 4 393 02-02-2024, 01:23 PM
Last Post: chronic

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.