Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Resmed S9 and H5i how warm it should get? And clicking noise?
Resmed S9 and H5i how warm it should get? And clicking noise?
Hi.
I just got a Resmed S9 and H5i humidifier with the climate control tubing. But I have to questions about it.

1) If I set the temperature hi. How warm am I suppose to feel the air, the water inside and the plate? Because I has set it all the way hi and I don't feel it warm or hot. It's that normal?

2)I heard a noise every 3-4 seconds like a water or clicking noise coming somewhere around the humidifier where I think is near the blue/orange light. I didn't hear that noise in a friend's cpap and is the same one. Is this good?

Help please!!
Thank you!!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed S9 and H5i how warm it should get? And clicking noise?
My understanding is that the clicking noise you hear is the thermostat on the water heater element turning off/on to keep the water at the specified temperature.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi ghg2010,

The air won't be hot or even super warm....your body temperature is warmer than the max setting on the machine so it will always seem a bit cooler than you. It will be warmer than room air, though (just don't forget that moving air feels colder due to evaporation and wind chill).

The clicking is normal...as Ron mentioned, it has to do with the humidifier's heater. If you pre-heat your water, you'll hear it pretty distinctly when it is warming up. In my case, once my machine is on (i.e. CPAP is running), I don't hear the clicking anymore.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi ghg2010,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I echo what has been said so far.
Best of luck to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi ghg2010
To check the heater plate working, read the answer to this question (also there some useful info)
Is there a simple way for me to check that the heater plate on my H5i is working properly?
http://www.resmed.com/au/service_and_sup...c=patients

H5i cheaply designed. the clicking noise from the lid not shutting tight so it rattle. Ensure the lid click into place and the rubber seal not missing, I suspect its faulty, speak to ResMed and ask for replacement

btw, whats the model of your S9, not all models are data capable
S9 series .. Specifications guide and comparison chart
http://www.resmed.com/us/products/s9_ser...nc=dealers

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks so much.
But...
How about the water inside and the plates. Do I suppose to feel them hot or warm? Beacuse I feel the water cold even, like I said, with the hottest temperature.

And about the clicking, is all the time, I mean even with the cpap on stand by, not only when is on, or warming the water

(10-18-2013, 11:04 AM)PsychoMike Wrote: Hi ghg2010,

The air won't be hot or even super warm....your body temperature is warmer than the max setting on the machine so it will always seem a bit cooler than you. It will be warmer than room air, though (just don't forget that moving air feels colder due to evaporation and wind chill).

The clicking is normal...as Ron mentioned, it has to do with the humidifier's heater. If you pre-heat your water, you'll hear it pretty distinctly when it is warming up. In my case, once my machine is on (i.e. CPAP is running), I don't hear the clicking anymore.

Post Reply Post Reply
I have the exact same machine and humidifier. There is no clicking or clacking noise whatsoever. Someone above mentioned it's defective and I agree. Mine is perfectly quiet, but doesn't heat up enough for my liking. Make sure the humidifier is snapped shut and try again. If it's still making noise it is defective.
Post Reply Post Reply
You can test it:

climate tube: go to your temperature setting and set it at 80 degrees, hold the button down for 3 seconds to preheat your water. After about 5 seconds touch the heating plate, it should be warming up. If it is warm to the touch, its working and you can hold down the button for another 3 seconds to let it go into cool down mode.

Same method for those without climate tube, just turn the heater up to four.

Mine whistles, but doesn't click.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am having this same issue with my humidifier. Clicks every 5 seconds regardless of whether the thing is blowing air or not, even clicks when the power is off. If I disconnect the climate line hose it clicks once every ten seconds. Only way to stop the clicking is to disconnect the humidifier or unplug the unit. My DME swapped out the humidifier today and same exact result with the replacement, I will be contacting resmed now.
Post Reply Post Reply
My machine don,t click (going deaf) but the clicking noise is common complaint and ResMed knows about it. Maybe they get sort it out with the S10. In meantime, try place the machine on a mouse pad to absorb some of the noise
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airmini noise question sfr79 38 20,254 03-20-2024, 09:22 PM
Last Post: Blausser
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 84 03-18-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  Breas Z2 - mask question/air noise sallym 0 141 03-07-2024, 04:17 PM
Last Post: sallym
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,602 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  [CPAP] Resmed airmini noise NYKP44 0 356 02-09-2024, 01:27 PM
Last Post: NYKP44
Question Resmed Autoset 10 buzzing noise - what now? mogulman 8 593 01-16-2024, 11:42 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  [Equipment] Airsense 10 Noise tblaster 4 344 01-15-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: tblaster

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.