Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Resmed S9 non-functional auto start/stop
My Resmed S9 was originally set to auto start/stop and has functioned on this setting for 2 ½ years. Yesterday it spontaneously went to manual start/stop.

I entered the clinical menu and found "option: auto start/stop." it was set to "off." I attempted to select it so that I could change it to "on," but the machine will not permit it to be selected, and it thus cannot be changed. (All other items on the menu could be selected; just the one was "dead.")

Is there anything I can do about this on my own, or does this mean I have a problem that requires professional hardware repair or software reload?

Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-03-2015, 08:33 PM)schuetz1619 Wrote: My Resmed S9 was originally set to auto start/stop and has functioned on this setting for 2 ½ years.
auto start/stop is Respironcis terminology, ResMed call it "SmartStart"
With older S9, SmartStart cannot be enabled with full face mask but at some stage ...
ResMed modify the S9 to enable SmartStart to work with full face mask

If you change mask type setting to "Nasal", can you set SmartStart to ON
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi schuetz1619,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more suggestions and much success to you as you continue your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [How to] Start a New Thread with the Right Subject Line! PaulaO2 41 3,192 4 hours ago
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  How do I stop mask removal while sleeping? SarcasticDave94 25 680 09-17-2017, 08:55 AM
Last Post: AMESS
  Noobie has Ramp Start and Stop Question tsolanto 4 139 09-10-2017, 06:07 PM
Last Post: bonjour
  Resmed Auto CPAP Advise Settings ? BlueJay22 5 294 09-07-2017, 03:00 PM
Last Post: BlueJay22
  ResMed Air Mini Auto set travel VegasPier 4 260 08-29-2017, 11:37 AM
Last Post: David Govan
  Anyone start on CPAP and then add oxygen...? S.L. Ping Beauty 9 257 08-24-2017, 03:10 PM
Last Post: S.L. Ping Beauty
  Noise from Dreamstation at start of exhale Raven87 20 1,079 07-03-2017, 05:22 PM
Last Post: lmkt1