Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Resmed S9 not recording quality
Resmed S9 not recording quality
Hi, Hope I'm posting correctly as it's my first time.  My Resmed S9 used to record the quality of  my sleep with an AHI.  I'm guessing I programmed something wrong at some point because it now isn't, it's only recording # or hours I slept.  I did notice that "smart set" isn't on and I can't figure out how to change it.  I've read the manuals but still don't know.  Can someone help?????? 

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed S9 not recording quality
If you have been in the clinical settings, be sure under Options, that Essentials is set to Plus, not just on.

It makes a difference which model of S9 you have. Are you using an Elite or Autoset?

Highly recommend you download #SleepyHead. It is free software and will let you see all the information your machine produces in an easier to use format than ResScan.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, I have the autoset which used to give me my AHI.  I don't see "essentials" under options.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Jencrdh,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck to you as you continue your CPAP therapy and also with getting your machine straightened out, hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
G'day Jencrdh, welcome to Apnea Board.

The S9 doesn't have an Essentials setting - that came in with the A10 series. Instead, you need to set the "Sleep quality" setting to On. (It sounds like it's currently set at "Usage"). To do this, get into the clinical setup menu, go to Options and select "Sleep quality". Turn it on.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks DB...didn't know the S9 menu for that.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi,  I actually have it set to sleep quality but it's not doing it anymore.  Any other ideas?

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
In post #3 you say your machine is an Autoset. Please double check that by looking at the lower right of the machine.

Also, did you power cycle the machine?
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm just confused because I know it has the ability to giev AHI as I've been using this machine for about 5 years and it's always told me my AHI.  It seems that since I took the SD card out to download the data it doesn't read the AHI anymore.  What does "power cycle" mean?
Post Reply Post Reply
Basically, a hard reboot. Turn it off. Wait a some. Turn it back on.

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oscar not recording CSR and RE with Aircurve 10 Vauto rmfisher132 1 88 03-17-2024, 04:33 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Airsense 10 not recording data Guajiro 3 160 03-11-2024, 07:02 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Poor Sleep Quality/ Respiratory Rates flyingg103 3 251 02-29-2024, 08:21 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Poor sleep quality and how it affects you p123 6 875 02-01-2024, 06:02 AM
Last Post: glenncol
  as11 not recording data Irish44395 8 397 01-06-2024, 06:07 AM
Last Post: Irish44395
  Poor sleep quality because of CA events? Hypoxic 20 1,210 12-20-2023, 08:34 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Poor quality sleep on ASV with good AHI sleepydawg99 8 624 12-19-2023, 12:23 PM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.