Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 14-20
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, Hypermobility Type; chronic sarcasm

Sex: Undisclosed

RE: Resmed S9 question?
Anything below 5 is good. Of course, the closer to zero you can get is good, too. BUT don't kill yourself trying to get there. Watch the data and find out where your range is.

For me, it's a good night if I have less than 3. I've noticed that when I am sluggish, it is days where the AHI is over 3.5. But we're all different. And soooo many things go into having a good night's sleep. Stress, food, surroundings, etc.

PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
04-06-2013 06:32 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
BarryB Offline

Members

Machine: Resmed S9 autoset
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: Resmed swift fx
CPAP Pressure: 7.5 - 11.
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments:

Sex: Male
(04-06-2013 05:11 PM)Sleepster Wrote:  
(04-06-2013 04:46 PM)BarryB Wrote:  I have the machine set for 7 min, and 10 max.
I noticed when I woke up this morning, it gave me that status for that night. slept 8.3 hours. and my AHI was 0.2

That's awesome, I wish I could get my AHI that low. The next thing you want to check is your leak rate. Then you can look at your pressure and see how much of the time you're spending near the high end of the 7 - 10 pressure range.

You can get Rescan or SleepyHead software. Both are free and I recommend that you use both.
I downloaded the rescan, I'm having trouble finding a sleepyhead link that works. I am figured I wouldn't try to read my card for a week or so. get plenty of info on there.
04-07-2013 08:36 AM
Sleepster Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: ResMed AirCurve10 VAuto
Humidifier: HumidAir and SlimLine Hose
CPAP Pressure: MaxI 13.6 | MinE 5.2 | PS 4.4
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: Diagnosed Nov 2011. Conquered aerophagia.

SleepyHead http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...e-software

Sleepster
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
04-07-2013 10:31 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
BarryB Offline

Members

Other Comments:

Sleepster
Tried that one too,same thing, comes up as a data error.
No data received
Unable to load the webpage because the server sent no data.
Here are some suggestions:
Reload this webpage later.
Error 324 (net::ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE): The server closed the connection without sending any data.
(This post was last modified: 04-07-2013 10:20 PM by BarryB.)
04-07-2013 10:19 PM
vsheline Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: S9 VPAP Adapt (USA Model# 36007, not better 36037 or 36067)
Mask Make & Model: F10 or SimPlus w/ 2Liners. MirageQuatro & Gecko gel pad
CPAP Pressure: 15 EPAP, PS 5-10

Other Comments: Marfan Syndrome, chronic bradycardia, occasional Cheyne-Stokes Respiration

(04-07-2013 08:36 AM)BarryB Wrote:  I am figured I wouldn't try to read my card for a week or so. get plenty of info on there.

Hi BarryB, welcome to the forum!

Regarding making adjustments, watchful waiting for a couple weeks is a fine principle, but it is best to read the data at least weekly.

The SD card holds some data for a year, detailed data for 30 days, and the most detailed data ("high rate" Pressure and Flow waveforms) only for 7 days. So if you don't download the data from your SD card (or just copy the SD card to your computer's hard drive) at least weekly, you will be losing some of the data.

Take care,
--- Vaughn

Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment. The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies - not on matters concerning treatment for Sleep Apnea. I think it is now too late to change the name of the group but I think Voting Member group would perhaps have been a more descriptive name for the group.
(This post was last modified: 04-08-2013 02:46 AM by vsheline.)
04-08-2013 02:45 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
BarryB Offline

Members

Other Comments:

(04-08-2013 02:45 AM)vsheline Wrote:  
(04-07-2013 08:36 AM)BarryB Wrote:  I am figured I wouldn't try to read my card for a week or so. get plenty of info on there.

Hi BarryB, welcome to the forum!

Regarding making adjustments, watchful waiting for a couple weeks is a fine principle, but it is best to read the data at least weekly.

The SD card holds some data for a year, detailed data for 30 days, and the most detailed data ("high rate" Pressure and Flow waveforms) only for 7 days. So if you don't download the data from your SD card (or just copy the SD card to your computer's hard drive) at least weekly, you will be losing some of the data.

Take care,
--- Vaughn
Thanks for that but of info. Ok, I've only been using this machine for 4 nights, so I'll give it another couple days and check it.
04-08-2013 11:29 PM
PaulaO2 Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: S9 Autoset
CPAP Pressure: 14-20
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, Hypermobility Type; chronic sarcasm

Sex: Undisclosed

Visit the page again but this time, after it fails to load, hit the F5 key (reload). It could be that the failed page is still in the browser's cache so that's what it brings up.

What page is giving you that error? The link for this site (what Sleepster posted) or the Sourceforge page for SleepyHead?

PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

04-09-2013 08:18 PM

Donate to Apnea Board

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Question: sound level on Resmed S9 WITHOUT humidifier, compared to Remstar 560 kowlooner 8 216 11-29-2016 10:51 AM
Last Post: kowlooner
  Resmed Adapt ASV question storywizard 7 323 11-21-2016 01:02 PM
Last Post: storywizard
  [Equipment] Resmed S10 Autoset Humidifier question keithb4158 6 389 11-02-2016 05:13 AM
Last Post: keithb4158
  newly diagnosed-resmed question mummadee 3 337 09-18-2016 06:48 AM
Last Post: cate1898
  Question about ResMed "For Her" algorithm - it only responds to OAs up to 12 cm? green wings 3 675 07-17-2016 05:06 PM
Last Post: green wings
  Question for ResMed S9 Autoset users LAGrandPA 6 449 07-03-2016 07:37 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  Resmed Airsense s10 Autoset Question jhtrader 12 1,135 04-06-2016 11:22 PM
Last Post: usertc