Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Resmed S9 smaller power supply
Resmed S9 smaller power supply
I've just got an S9 autoset cpap to replace my S8 whick was getting too loud for my wife. What a surprise when I saw the "power brick" that comes with it!! There was no such thing with the S8 - it was a direct plug-in, that's it.

The S9 power brick adds weight and volume to the cpap, and as I travel a lot I am looking for a replacement power source. Something smaller, lighter, but also as powerfull (90 watts) as I need to use my humidifier.

Are there any product on the market that you know of ?

Thanks,

André

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed S9 smaller power supply
The brick probably accomodates both European and North American electricity. I don't know if that feature adds to its weight and size. The manufacturer probably doesn't endorse the use of any other power brick, so that'll make it harder to find one.

You're looking for a 12-volt, 90-watt power supply. That's 7.5 amps. You should be able to find one from an electronics parts supply. It'll be hard to find one with the right barrel connector that'll plug into your CPAP. You'll probably have to modify it to make it work.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
That brick used to be inside the machine. To make the machine smaller, they took it out. I hate it, too.

However, the overall weight should not be that much different from the S8. It's just one more dang thing to keep track of. I'd rather have a bigger machine.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
If you travel a lot, you may want to buy a small travel machine. I bought my AEIOmed Everest 3 for that exact purpose.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. 
ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for your answers. I would really love to find something smaller though ...

André
Post Reply Post Reply
Just as an FYI, ResMed makes a smaller, lower wattage AC power brick for those users who don't need the full 90-watt supply for the heated humidifier.... it's a 30-watt brick that you can purchase for around $50 at many of the DMEs listed on the Supplier List.

The S9 30W Power Supply measures approximately 4.0 x 2.25 x 1.25 inches and weighs approximately .75lbs.

The S9 90W Power Supply measures approximately 6.5 x 2.5 x 1.5 inches and weighs approximately 1.25lbs.
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Transcend (Somnetics) Micro Power Plug Size SteadyState 6 1,790 03-25-2024, 01:14 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
  Airsence 10 Date Resets after Power Outrage Khayyam Qaiser 2 229 01-26-2024, 12:12 PM
Last Post: Khayyam Qaiser
  Philips Respironics DreamStation check power Steve Foley 18 22,412 01-07-2024, 02:09 PM
Last Post: zebedee
  AirSense 10. Power cable broke on air tube connecting ring. Ruhtra 1 405 11-18-2023, 02:29 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  AirCurve power problem Shamus54 10 981 10-30-2023, 07:13 PM
Last Post: Shamus54
  Resmed Airsense 11 blowing full power with no leaks bcodemz 2 870 10-29-2023, 07:57 PM
Last Post: bcodemz
  [Equipment] Portable Backup Power for Outages Craige 4 568 10-29-2023, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Craige

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.