Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Stomach ache in the morning - could it be my CPAP settings
Stomach ache in the morning - could it be my CPAP settings
    I have stomach pain most mornings, and it seems to get better as the day goes on.    I'm thinking that possibly my CPAP machine is the culprit. (via aerophagia)
I have ResMed AirSence 10 - and current setting from 4-17.
I have looked at Sleephead - and I can that I had a period of where I tried my pressure max to be around 10, and that period roughly corresponds to having no-pain days.

I'm not an expert on how to interpret Sleephead data  -  so I posted my data on Dropbox.   https://www.dropbox.com/sh/z4avykkx0h3e5...kMwGa?dl=0

If there a kind soul here that is an expert in reading Sleepyhead (I recognize that no one is a doctor here, so all liability waved), I would love to hear what you all think I could try to set my pressures at.

Thanks in advance,
Paul
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Stomach ache in the morning - could it be my CPAP settings
It could simply be swallowed air, a problem for a surprising number of people using PAP therapy.  I belch a couple of time, especially into my second cup of tea first thing, and that takes care of it.  Otherwise....no idea...sorry.
Post Reply Post Reply
The tutorials for organiIng and attaching detailed Sleepyhead charts are in my signature below. I'd prefer you post the charts, than download the data, upload to a new Sleepyhead profile, and do the work for you...as they say feed a man a fish vs teach him to fish.

From your summary data, you have very fragmented sleep sessions with the Autoset, but are consistently below an AHI of 5 and you are barely meeting compliance requirements, if that applies. Compliance is 21 of any 30 consecutive days with usage of 4-hoursor more. Your machine is setup at 4-20 pressure, and we don't know if you are using EPR. you have almost no obstructive apnea, and from what I'm seeing in the summary, you can set maximum pressure at 10 cm. I'd also like you to try a minimum pressure of 5.0 and set EPR in the comfort settings to On, Full time, at a setting of 2. These settings should help with comfort, and reduce aerophagia which may be the source of stomach pain. You will need a solution to stay on therapy longer and not constantly turn the machine off multiple times per night.

Let me know if you have any questions, but I think your comfort will be improved with these setting changes, and I don't expect any loss of efficacy.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
HI There: Thanks a lot the info - I will try the settings you suggested.    
As far us interruptions - maybe those are my bathroom breaks - I felt like I have been good with compliance although in last 3 months I have switched from Nasal prongs to full mask, so I am still adjusting.

And sorry for not posting the charts - as I am a new member without 4 posts, the system wouldn't allow me to upload images.   I did manage to get one in, but couldn't get more.

Thanks again. Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
You don't need four posts to use attachments. We went to unlimited attachment space last year. We can fine tune the recommendations once we see the details.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Not sure if anyone else finds this to be the case, but aerophagia increases for me if I sleep on my left side. I have hardly any if I sleep on my right side, as is typical for me. Just throwing that out there...
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First Day with S9 AutoSet - Many Clear Airway in the morning liuzilong 6 123 03-18-2024, 09:25 PM
Last Post: liuzilong
  ENT / Morning Sleep r4robin 4 206 03-07-2024, 06:12 PM
Last Post: r4robin
Question [Treatment] help with oscar and CPAP settings SeanOZ 3 230 03-05-2024, 05:11 AM
Last Post: SeanOZ
  [Pressure] unable to find pressure settings on my cpap timoteo666 7 450 02-17-2024, 09:56 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Events worse in the morning and events in general getting worse Elizabeth79 45 1,996 02-14-2024, 07:48 PM
Last Post: Elizabeth79
  CPAP Settings Support cspofford1 3 284 02-07-2024, 04:37 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  New CPAP user - Fine Tuning Settings/Mask Help slowmo2000 0 261 01-31-2024, 11:58 PM
Last Post: slowmo2000

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.