Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Resmed a 10 noisy/whines???
Resmed a 10 noisy/whines???
I have used the S9 and liked it very much. When I changed insurance, they offered me a new machine. My doctor recommended the Resmed Airsense 10
It is supposed to be quieter, but every night, after a few hours, it begins to squeal/whine. Louder when I breathe in. It seems to be coming from the left side. Has anyone else had this problem???
Thanks
Trying to decide if I should return it.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed a 10 noisy/whines???
Hi mpedersen,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
You should return it and exchange it, it shouldn't squeel or wine.
Hang in there for more suggestions and much success to you with your CPAP therapy and good luck on exchangeing your machine.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Two quick things to check...

1. My A10 gets noisy when the air filter is dirty. If you have had it a short time it's probly not been long enough but easy to test with a new filter.

2. Sometimes if the water tank is not securely fastened there will be a loud whistley sound esp when you inhale. Gently pull it out a bit then firmly press it back in to ensure a good air seal.

As for timing, if mine is gonna do this it starts when I turn it on but sometimes I won't notice it until the room is dark and quiet.

Both of the above situations are easy to resolve and could happen even if you replace your machine.

So rule those out and if it still noisy the machine is defective and need to return it.

Saldus Miegas

(08-14-2015, 10:30 AM)mpedersen Wrote: I have used the S9 and liked it very much. When I changed insurance, they offered me a new machine. My doctor recommended the Resmed Airsense 10
It is supposed to be quieter, but every night, after a few hours, it begins to squeal/whine. Louder when I breathe in. It seems to be coming from the left side. Has anyone else had this problem???
Thanks
Trying to decide if I should return it.

Post Reply Post Reply
Mine is super quiet but it makes noise when the water tank isn't inserted firmly into the unit. Make sure it is in all the way and check the gasket on the tank also.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-14-2015, 10:30 AM)mpedersen Wrote: Trying to decide if I should return it.
Yes, sound like faulty machine to me
Anything that disturb your sleep cannot be any good

Also, might as well, replaced it with "AutoSet for Her" model
CPAP is the basic model does not give much useful data for you and your doctor to evaluate how the therapy is going

[Image: ResMed-AirSense-10.png]
[should say "AutoSet, AutoSet for Her, Elite or CPAP"]

Post Reply Post Reply
I got the "for her" a few weeks ago. It has breathing noise plus a mid note slight whine. Seems louder than it needs to be.
Post Reply Post Reply
It is coming from one of the three gaskets of the humidifier, two inside the machine that the water tank "plugs" into or the gasket that seals the lid. make sure all three are clean and well seated. Air is leaking out past one of these silicon gaskets.
Post Reply Post Reply
According to my DME this is a well known design defect to Resmed.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Mine did it again just last night. I had just dumped out the water in the tank and replaced it in the machine. I pulled out the tank and opened it, low and behold about a single drop of water had gotten trapped between the lid seal and the bottom part of the chamber. Dried it off, replaced it and the noise was gone. Before opening the tank, I had removed and replaced the tank several times and the noise was always there. IIRC all three times I have heard this noise, I had just put the tank back in the machine, but I don't remember if I had just added/removed water (not sure why else I would have removed the tank)

Not saying that there is or is not a defect. In my case I have always been able to get the noise to go away and last night I found what could be a reason for it. The DME saying it's a known defect could just be them saying that they know of this issue and the factory may or may not have identified why it is happening yet.
Post Reply Post Reply
On the left side of the machine is the intake filter. Open the door and check that it is seated properly and not dirty. I know you said it was a new machine but check it anyway.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Resmed 37028 Autosense Whines SleepHungry 18 933 11-24-2023, 01:54 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Noisy nasal pillows? justinfreeman 7 1,388 09-28-2023, 07:47 PM
Last Post: stevew77
  Noisy Fans in New CPAPs stevew77 0 389 09-28-2023, 06:11 PM
Last Post: stevew77
Question [CPAP] BREAS Z2 very noisy at mask WWinNJ 3 1,421 07-31-2023, 10:51 PM
Last Post: PHXSleeper
  [How to] Fix Your Own Noisy CPAP - Don't discard old CPAP with worn bearings SuperSleeper 2 16,676 06-02-2023, 02:48 PM
Last Post: Kingsway
  ResMed Noisy (Pnuematic Block) Replacement 3rdMarDiv 17 6,446 11-10-2021, 05:42 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Respironics Dreamstation - noisy motor? bernie01 33 19,917 05-31-2021, 04:02 AM
Last Post: koala1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.