Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Resmed airsense 10 autoset humidifier problems
Resmed airsense 10 autoset humidifier problems
Short intro to myself.  I am a long time apap user, over 20 years.  Resmed Autoset T with heated humidifier,  Autoset Spirit with heated humidifier. Autoset Vantage with heated humidifier, S9 with heated humidifier, and heated hose  Airsense 10 autoset with heated humidifier and heated hose.  Typical pressure 9 to 10.5, maximum humidity.  All very quiet, great machines with one exception.  It may aaffect many users.

Airsense 10, very quiet, worked perfactly for about 1.5 years.  Machine hose heater, not hose, failed.  The machine was swapped out for a new one.  No humidity, none.  I use manuel setting of 8, maximum,  then set hose temp to just prevent rainout, about 79 deg. F.  Hotplate not warming, swapped for 4 more machines same problem.  Water in chamber,  press warming,  warming light message pops up.  Check water temp eith instant read kitchen thermometer,  at 5 min., 10 min, 20 min, 30 min.  79 deg F, no change, hotplate cold to touch even though "still warming".  Attempted to use overnight,  tube temp 72.  No humidity, check hotplate, cold.  Called a friend of mine with same machine. His machine did not warm either!  He didn't notice, likely because his pressures range from 4-6 and he uses full face mask.  Thats a total of 6 machines that the humidifier is not functiinal.

Ok, you can guess what my problem is, an incompetent dme that thinks that if the light comes on, its working.  Its my problem for whatever reason. I am fighting with the dme to get them to send my machine to Resmed for evaluation.   They resist, i know not why,  but i will eventually get it fixed.
I wanted to post this because there is a strong likelyhood there  are more like mine out there. A novice user, especially with low pressures may not notice, others with dry mouth problems blamed on a mask or whatever. The book states that the hotplate temperature is 154 deg. F,  same as older models.  Simple test, with water chamber removed press Warmup.  Carefully touch the hotplate with your finger.   If its working you will be quickly removing your finger as 154 F is very hot.   If after 5 to 10 minutes you can hold your finger comfortably on the hotplate,  it isn't working.

So if you are having humifity probkems with your Airsense 10,  dry mouth, ask your dme to check it out.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed airsense 10 autoset humidifier problems
I'm having similar probs - dry mouth and occasional rainout. In my case, the water gets used up 95%, so it must be working, but it seems I can't raise the humidity enough to fix the dry mouth without running out of water in the early hours, causing rainout, or both. I din't have this problem with my S9, or at least not to the same degree.

I have a hose sleeve and that reduced the rainout but didn't fix it completely.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just asking... Could it be that the combination of the ambient temperature, hose temperature settings, and humidity settings are interacting programmatically to keep the warming feature off?
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
To reduce or eliminate rain out set climate control to Auto and see if you can tolerate it. Combined with hose sleeve that should eliminate it.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 6 467 2 hours ago
Last Post: Phaleronic
  [CPAP] PRISMA SMART MAX PROBLEMS WITH SOFTPAP LEVEL 2 rretamalt 16 1,875 3 hours ago
Last Post: motivationalGust
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 24,917 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
  ResMed S9 AutoSet and OSCAR - Help Appreciated Slippy 12 408 03-16-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Slippy
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 67 25,319 03-10-2024, 06:54 PM
Last Post: mikekowalski
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 180 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 0 92 03-08-2024, 03:36 PM
Last Post: jed3

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.