Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Resmed built-in Clock reseting at 9 am.
Resmed built-in Clock reseting at 9 am.
I have severe insomnia and I sleep in most mornings.  The clock built in on the Resmed Air-sense 10 machine resets the clock at 9 am so when I go to bed the next night, the clock already has 1 to 3 hours on it.  If I am lucky and remember (I am 79 years old), I will note the total time on the clock before I go to bed. This happens rarely.

Is there any way to reset the Resmed clock to a later time, such as noon, so that it will show 0 hours when I do finally get to sleep?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed built-in Clock reseting at 9 am.
A Resmed's day is from noon till noon. Noon is used by Resmed as the official of a date change for sleep data. Not knowing your current timezone, the Resmed was using yesterday's date until it passes noon your local time. By employing a date change like this, it allows all your sleep session data, that actually covered 2 physical dates, to be maintained in one folder.

Many whose sleep session will carry them through this time will offset their CPAP's clock to make the Resmed that it is still within the current day. Remember, it is not the actual hours that you slept that are important, it's the length of time in apnea therapy.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It sounds to me that the internal clock is set to the wrong time. At a guess, the clock was set to Eastern Time and you are now in Pacific time...

You can reset the time by going into the clinicians menu. The only catch is that you can't set the time back before noonon days with data... so basically you have to wait until 5 or 6 pm to reset the clock.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I talked to someone at Resmed who told me to reset my time zone to Eastern even though I live in LA. Hopefully that will solve the problem. I will check it tonight.
Thanks Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
If you are in California and set your CPAP clock to Eastern time, then at ( am Califonia, your cCPAP machine will be registering noon. This is precisely your problem! Set your CPAP to PACIFIC time and all should be well.

Obviously your ResMed person is not used to dealing with time zones... I'm in Eastern time and my daughter is in California, so it's second nature for me.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Where do I reset the clock to PST.  I want to reset the Resmed CPAP machine and not the Myair ap.
Post Reply Post Reply
I live in Illinois and my Air11 was sent from Apria's Kansas City office. Both of these are in central time -- but Apria set my Air11 to GMT-7! Oh-jeez 

Ok, I decided that I like it that way. I've always been a night owl, and always maintained that I keep normal hours but am in the wrong time zone. ("It's always 5 o'clock in Margaritaville!") This way most nights I actually get to sleep before midnight in the machine's time zone! Big Grin

The only problem is that I use a Contec pulseox, which is NOT stupid about time zones. So I have to tweak the time in OSCAR every day when I load my pulse-ox info.
Post Reply Post Reply
You could set the Contec time manually to match the CPAP machine...
Not as convenient as using the computer to set the contec time, but you wouldn't have to mess with the time whenever you you import oximeter data.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airsense 10 / Oscar clock issue. pixpop 1 102 03-15-2024, 07:35 PM
Last Post: pixpop
  Syncing Airsense 10 clock IAXEM 0 107 03-06-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: IAXEM
  [Equipment] AirSense 11 clock sync? rpierce 4 574 08-25-2023, 11:24 PM
Last Post: Millstone50
  mask with built-in chin support? lionel197 4 824 06-24-2022, 12:40 PM
Last Post: car54
  [Equipment] Set clock in AirSense 11? Perickson 6 3,261 04-18-2022, 05:35 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  The Curious Case of Resmed 10 Series Clock Setting S. Manz 13 2,065 11-13-2021, 02:14 AM
Last Post: Jeff8356
  fixing your clock cathyf 22 2,117 07-10-2021, 08:26 AM
Last Post: DaveL

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.