Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Resmed machine vs Luna II
Resmed machine vs Luna II
I am a cpap user...started with the Dreamstation, and bought a Resmed 10 on my own after the recall.  My husband has been diagnosed with Sleep Apnea and his doctor tells us he can choose between waiting for Resmed 10 or 11 or go with the Luna II which might be available sooner.  What are your thoughts on the Resmed 11 and Luna II.  I use OSCAR to view my nights and find it very informative.  I want my husband to be able to see his results nightly too.  What do you suggest?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed machine vs Luna II
If myself, I would choose ResMed. I've seen the success ResMed's can produce in therapy for myself and others. And having OSCAR availability to see the data is something I need to have if at all possible.

Between the 10 and 11 series will depend on what level PAP your husband will need. The 10 will be just fine.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
OSCAR does not currently support the Luna II. So if you want to see OSCAR results, you won't be able to do it with the Luna II. (Maybe OSCAR will support the Luna II someday, but we are not now working on that line of CPAP machines.)

As for the AirSense 10 or 11 Autoset, get whichever is available. The AirSense 10 Autoset for Her has the extra "for her" algorithm that is also included in the AutoSense 11 Autoset. Cosmetically, the machines look different but, from a therapy perspective, there's no reason to pick one over the other.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have the Luna 2 for a short time now. Can't speak to durability, but I like the machine, and you can view your results whenever you want using their app.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, can you see detailed data similar to OSCAR with Luna II'S PROGRAM?

Dave, I am curious as to why you are no longer using CPAP/APAP?  Was using OSCAR not helpful?
Post Reply Post Reply
I just have a couple days' data, but I just checked out the function. It's a bit awkward, having to pull the SD card, but it gives good information.
Post Reply Post Reply
Why I'm not using any PAP? I have definite primary Central Apnea that's required ASV to treat. ASV had been fine from issuance in '17 to '19 until COPD worsened slightly and I had a bout of pneumonia in July '19, then bronchitis the following month. The ResMed ASV didn't have manual timing controls which I need with the overlap therapy needs. The two RT's I've worked with wanted me in Philips Respironics Trilogy or ResMed Astral ventilator.

Supposedly now COPD isn't acting up so I no longer can get doctor script for higher device than ASV. Philips SV Auto is similar to ResMed ASV but I'm not at all wanting Philips anything.

So it comes down to I can't afford to buy my own machine as I'm on Disability, the several Dr. McQuack's I've dealt with aren't willing to help yet. I've had a setback because UPMC pulmonary team Hanover, PA butchered their diagnostic and Titration results, showing no CA. The newest of 4 pulmonary teams at Penn State did show lots of CA in their test. I'm waiting on info to get a new COPD Pulmonary Function Test. My overlap needs a ventilator the ResMed Astral or ST-A.

Sorry for length...Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just received a Luna II yesterday and was able to sleep for about 4 hours before I woke up because of the rain out making a very loud gurgling sound. 

I already called the DME provider and told them to come pick it up and that I’ll wait for the machine I was prescribed (ResMed Air Sense). I think it’s shady that they send this one without even asking me first, that kind of tells me that they didn’t want to give me the option of refusing it, which I would have as soon as I saw that it doesn’t support heated tubing
Post Reply Post Reply
One way to stop the DME from substitution of machine to one you didn't choose is to have requested your doctor write Dispense As Written. Get doc to include your exact machine choice with DAW. Now, legally the DME cannot substitute.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sweet, I didn’t know that was an option. I’ll call the doc today and ask him to change that. I didn’t know they could just randomly substitute it ?

Thanks for the info!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 291 264,023 8 hours ago
Last Post: Poolboy
  Data interpretation - Luna G3 Big Ultima Energy 3 74 04-14-2024, 06:27 PM
Last Post: johnathanb76
  [Equipment] Battery power source for ResMed machine MaskedOne 8 150 04-12-2024, 04:42 PM
Last Post: MaskedOne
Question First night with CPAP (Luna G3) Big Ultima Energy 3 123 04-07-2024, 02:42 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  new machine Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto Uzupan 32 1,488 03-10-2024, 07:29 AM
Last Post: Uzupan
  React Health Luna G3 CPAP apotter11 3 283 03-01-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] Are the ResMed Aircurve 10 S and ResMed Aircurve 10 VAuto the "exact same machine"? kkjacks 3 299 02-20-2024, 06:34 PM
Last Post: kkjacks

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.